New Echo 360t or Used Husky 335xpt?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the tree guys prefer the echo top handles around here, but I would choose the Husky. As you said the Stihl 200t would be the saw but the cost is up there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For $300 bucks you can buy a brand NEW Stihl MS192T.
I have this as well as the MS200T...I use this for light stuff.
It's just a little sweetheart...so light...cuts great...Stihl quality...
I bought it from a Stihl dealer for $200...I could sell it any day on
Ebay for what I paid for it. You can usually get a real nice one off
Ebay for about $200. If I had it to do again...that's what I would do.
Try doing that with a used Echo chainsaw...not knocking Echo...
I have a 25+ year old SRM 200BE that still runs and never seen a shop.
I would actually like to try out another Echo product, but the local
sales/SERVICE dealer went out of business about 2 years ago.
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
For $300 bucks you can buy a brand NEW Stihl MS192T.
I have this as well as the MS200T...I use this for light stuff.
It's just a little sweetheart...so light...cuts great...Stihl quality...
I bought it from a Stihl dealer for $200...I could sell it any day on
Ebay for what I paid for it. You can usually get a real nice one off
Ebay for about $200. If I had it to do again...that's what I would do.
Try doing that with a used Echo chainsaw...not knocking Echo...
I have a 25+ year old SRM 200BE that still runs and never seen a shop.
I would actually like to try out another Echo product, but the local
sales/SERVICE dealer went out of business about 2 years ago.
J2F

The 192t is light, gutless and is built cheap. Steve

Would you please enlighten me on why you say that?...like factual info?
Not being a wise-guy...I'm genuinely of interest why you say that.
They're listed in Stihl as a PRO aroborist saw..as with the 200t...are they not?
If not they sure are a very expensive $300...1.7hp small saw..
If I screwed myself..so be it..but I wouldn't sell this saw for what I paid.
I don't think it's a "clamshell" design...but I could be wrong...would like to know.
I hate to give bad suggestions to anyone..REALLY!!!..So inform me please.
Sooo...what do you recommend the original poster buy??
J2F

Last edited:
You'll be hardpressed to find husky guys talk highly of the 335...so I would say the echo would probably be the better choice if those are your two options.

Take the Echo. Very nice bang for the buck. I posted 2 videos on Youtube for an Echo 341 and this gives you an idea of the quality of the 360.

The 360T is the only echo I've ever used that has reasonable power for it's engine size, but in saying that, it vibrates and feels buzzy, harsh and cheap compared to the 335, and it's only got acceptable power at full maximum revs and it'll eventually start a death rattle and seize it's engine if you run it stock as a 'pro' saw, I've seen four new 360T's blow their guts on the job, proof to me that echo is still incapable of producing a saw with normal power that won't self destruct if you run it long and hard..

For light to average work it'll probably last a bit longer but only if it's been pampered with jetting adjustments and a muffler overhaul which will make it's phony 5 year warranty null and void.

CliffR on this site has one he tweaked for reliability and it hasn't developed a death rattle yet, but doubtful it's run 8 hours a day 5 days a week like the ones I saw that lost the plot quickly, even though the last 3 had their carb screw limiters removed and tuned richer than stock and running 100% synthetic

A 360t also doesn't come close to matching an XPT or pro-stihl(200T/ 020T) for performance, which it was obviously made to compete with, so in reality the 360t is still just a cheap & weak echo as per normal. The husky 335 is likely to play up and not hold good tune without a few mods which I can't be bothered describing here, but if it's bugs are sorted, it's a way superior machine than that horrible plastic echo will ever be.

The 192T is on a par with the echo, neither are genuine pro grade saws, Out in the bush I've seen two 192T's seize and destroy their big-end bearings in a vain attempt to keep pace with XPT's and pro stihls. For 'average' use, a 192T will last O.K. their best feature is their feather weight and nifty handling

The Echo is total crap, that's all there is to it.
No power in the cut, pretty funny that the Echo rep puts Stihl chain on his demo saws, the reason. He say's it makes them cut better.

They're listed in Stihl as a PRO aroborist saw..as with the 200t...are they not?
I don't think it's a "clamshell" design...but I could be wrong...would like to know.
J2F

Don't let him bother you. He is just a cheerleader.

Echo is making excellent saws these days and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the 360T was one of them. I don't have one but do have several Echos and despite the frequently humorous loathing for them, they are fine saws. Seriously, I really doubt 99% of the Echo bashers have ever run one for any length of time. Haven't run the Husky at all but I do have a 192 and it's strictly "sufficient" for what it is designed to do, which is light trimming

Echo is making excellent saws these days and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the 360T was one of them. I don't have one but do have several Echos and despite the frequently humorous loathing for them, they are fine saws. Seriously, I really doubt 99% of the Echo bashers have ever run one for any length of time. Haven't run the Husky at all but I do have a 192 and it's strictly "sufficient" for what it is designed to do, which is light trimming

I've run them, and they are weak. Run the 330T,360T,341,370 and a few others and they all lack power. That is why no one will buy them around here.

The 360T I had was a good saw. In stock form it had good power and it never let me down. When a young groundman wanted to get started in the biz he begged me to sell it to him and I did. He has used it fairly hard for a year now. He has used my 200T's and modded 192T's and while he likes them he wanted a saw that would run with little attention from him and he got it.

Also, a 360T from Echo has better resale value than a 192T, strange as it may seem. I've watched the average price of both on Ebay for years now and the 192's don't often break $200.00 and the 360's do a lot more often as a percentage of units sold.

Mr. HE:cool:

I've never run either of the saws you posted but I have run husky 338xpt and i must say it was a very good trim saw. Lots of power and faster than a dog running from a yellow jacket nest it dug up trying to bury his bone

J2F

I've had a couple 192t saws apart and have run them, not much quality, more, along the the lines of a 170 or 180 and about the same power as my gutless MS170. I'd think the 192t has a 50 hour EPA rating, it's hard to find as Stihl doesn't brag a lot about the EPA rating. Far as cutting goes the closest saw I have is the 36CC Echo CS370 which cuts almost twice as fast in timed cuts than my MS170 15 seconds to 8 seconds side by side. No bs here , just the way it is. Nothing wrong with the 200t except the price. Steve

Latest posts

Back