New echo 600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retired redneck

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went to county fair today, met Echo rep for northern half of Indiana,. he had the new lineup of saws in his truck only had the 530 on display but let me see and handle the new cs600 is 59.8cc the new orange and black color, it had a 24in full 3/8 bar and chain, was verry nose heavy, i personaly think that is to much bar, but all in all seams to be well made,new stile air filter three screw carb. motor made in japan but assembled in ILL,FIVE YEAR WARENTY. said retailes around $470.00.....

Nobody has any HP numbers on these. They look interesting, but depends on the power. 24" seems optimistic for any 60cc saw....

You say the 600 was very nose-heavy. How is the overall weight? My Echo 670 is not a lightweight, it balances a bit nose heavy with a 24" setup but that works out great for bucking up firewood letting the saw do the work.

You say the 600 was very nose-heavy. How is the overall weight? My Echo 670 is not a lightweight, it balances a bit nose heavy with a 24" setup but that works out great for bucking up firewood letting the saw do the work.

He did not say what the weight was ,but i thought it was a little on the heavy side for a 60cc i would say it is close to the 670 in weight....

600 p

This may be the next saw I will get. It seems looks like a good saw and have read some good things about them. Plus the 5 year warranty does not hurt the choice. It will replace my dads old super xl and be a bigger better saw than my new Poulan Pro 330.

cs 600

Ran a 600 a little last week,man brought it to my shop he pinched and bent the 24'' bar .I replaced it with a 20'' tweaked the carb a little,only 6 tanks used in it,tested it on a 24'' dry ash log it is a beast for a 60 cc saw.....

So far what I have run the 600 I think it is just a hot rod for what it is! Very good speed and torque! And it just starts!:) I have not run it yet next to a 362 or a 361 but for a new saw I think it will be more than a match!

Dange right:clap:

This is also one of the smoothest saws I have run in the cut! It might be the chain they are using but I tend to think it is the av system they are using seems real good!

4HP and 13 lbs, if you believe anyone's published figures puts Echo's new saw in the same pack as everybody else's regular performance 60cc offering...Husky 359/Jonsered 2159, Stihl 310.

IMO, Echo's rep is for being as dependable and durable as a brick, but as exciting as one, too. Is this new saw a departure?

Pretty decent looking rig actually. The plastic of the air filter area looks a little like the newer Stihls;
CS600P-3.jpg

Echos for pro-use, yeah right, for reliability, strength, lightness, engine response, revs, horsepower, torque, cutting speed, chain speed and ease of use, in the real world any pro-stihl or XP husky of the same cc class would whip that echos pretender backside :p

It doesn't look like Echo is gunning for the 357xp/Stihl 361 market segment. The price point (MSR $560) and weight specs seem to point that way. I see Echo equipment in commercial service in areas where the boss isn't worried about max production: the city maintenance crew or a lawn service/landscape outfit.

A friend operates a lawn service, uses echo trimmers and has one echo saw because
a) they work out fine
b) the Toro dealer handles them, making it convenient.

Nice statement by someone who has not even held one or run one!

I have run the 600 new and run it against a 357 and a 359. Granted they had diffrent chains The Echo was a 20" chisel and the huskies are running 18" carlton one with 325 the other 3/8. the echo has 3/8 on it. Brand new more than a match for the huskies. The weight is not really noticeable at all it is however more bulky of a saw more like a 70cc frame than a 60cc frame but impressive running saw and very smooth in the cut. It kinda reminds me of an old Sachs 119. Smooth with good torque. Besides with the 361 gone it should be the same weight if not lighter than the 362!

Nice statement by someone who has not even held one or run one!

I have run the 600 new and run it against a 357 and a 359. Granted they had diffrent chains The Echo was a 20" chisel and the huskies are running 18" carlton one with 325 the other 3/8. the echo has 3/8 on it. Brand new more than a match for the huskies. The weight is not really noticeable at all it is however more bulky of a saw more like a 70cc frame than a 60cc frame but impressive running saw and very smooth in the cut. It kinda reminds me of an old Sachs 119. Smooth with good torque. Besides with the 361 gone it should be the same weight if not lighter than the 362!

where's that darned vid, javi?:)

Latest posts

Back