New MS 361!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomba26

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just as a follow up to my earlier post I went to the local Stihl/Husky stockist yesterday and came away with my new saw......a Stihl MS 361 with 18" bar.
I looked at a number of saws including the Husky 365, MS 341 and a few others and eventually went with the 361. The weight felt very similar in the hands to the MS 341 but I felt I wanted an 18" bar and was told by the owner of the store that the 361 would be a better bet with that size bar.
The Husky 365 looked a nice saw but felt quite a bit heavier in the hands than the ms 361, it was a nice bit of kit though.
All in all very happy, it should make a great all round farm saw.
Thanks all.

I was going to purchase a 361, but they did not have it in stock. That saw will be an awesome investment. With an 18" bar, it will rip through almost anything you give it. Let us know how you like it. :chainsawguy:

Just as a follow up to my earlier post I went to the local Stihl/Husky stockist yesterday and came away with my new saw......a Stihl MS 361 with 18" bar.
I looked at a number of saws including the Husky 365, MS 341 and a few others and eventually went with the 361. The weight felt very similar in the hands to the MS 341 but I felt I wanted an 18" bar and was told by the owner of the store that the 361 would be a better bet with that size bar.
The Husky 365 looked a nice saw but felt quite a bit heavier in the hands than the ms 361, it was a nice bit of kit though.
Thanks all.

Congrats, very good choise! :cheers: :cheers:

I wouldn't want the 365, without the added power of the 372xp.....

Same story with the 341 vs the 361, but to a lesser degree.

Last edited:
over 10 years

I got a 036pro ... pretty much the same as 361 and ive had it over 10 years. Starts every time cuts 30 plus cords a year and is still worth at least 50% of what i paid for it. Does it get better then that ?..hehehe it will when i bring home my 441 :) enjoy the new saw.:cheers:

The only thing similiar in design with a 036 and a 361 is the CCs and the model number. Yes, it replaced it, but it's a totally new saw. From the porting, to the filtration, to the AV. With that said, I had a 360Pro and it's a great saw. Every bit as good in its day.

The only thing similiar in design with a 036 and a 361 is the CCs and the model number. Yes, it replaced it, but it's a totally new saw. From the porting, to the filtration, to the AV. With that said, I had a 360Pro and it's a great saw. Every bit as good in its day.

Not even the cc.....

You wont regret getting it . notice the bucking wedge in the trunk.never used one till I found this webb site thanks.
TEDMI
000_0710.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all.

You will enjoy this purchase. Good decision.

You wont regret getting it . notice the bucking wedge in the trunk.never used one till I found this webb site thanks.
TEDMI
000_0710.jpg
Nice saw but man oh man, there is just soooo much wrong with the pic (cut, undercut, direction etc etc.), :(

Just my opinionated 0.02$ fer the weekend, And heya All, Very happy Dead Turkey Day to ya All!!!!

:cheers:

Serge

Hang around here long and you'll learn not to post stump pics unless they are book perfect. :popcorn: Better pick up a book.

Ian

That stump is pretty nasty looking. I have never left a stump like that. No, really. Anyway I'm a member of the MS361 club too and I guess its loan critic. For me the 357XP is a much better performer and feels more nimble. I am messing with the 361's muffler hoping that will wake it up. A 3/4 wrap handle would be nice but the price is shocking, over $200.00 including new AV mounts. I won't pay that price. It already has a 441 cover and studs and 2 spikes with a chain catcher. It just won't run with the Husky yet.

Bad looking stump

I know it looks bad , when I was getting in to it it didn't look right , I'm not a pro , I'm 52 years old and been cutting fire wood for myself for 27 years , this is the biggest tree to date I have taken down , the top came out of it in a late summer storm last year , some say I wasn't born smart , but I am trainable , I would like to think I am learning every day .I watch and listen to a lot of post on this site , it has helped me in my little would of fire wood cutting , thanks for this site , I pickup something every day . TEDMI
000_0647.jpg

Last edited:
Back