New Poulans are kewl!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my wildthing for 10+ years without any issues. It rides around in the truck and on the ATV and has cut many many cords of firewood. Mine is the older one without the chain brake and is a 42cc. ALWAYS startss right up and runs great. I must have gotten a good one.

I'm not sure why so many people rip on them, I guess maybe because they are easy to rip on (Funny looking, cheap, etc).

Whatever, mine works...

Lazer

I've had my wildthing for 10+ years without any issues. It rides around in the truck and on the ATV and has cut many many cords of firewood. Mine is the older one without the chain brake and is a 42cc. ALWAYS startss right up and runs great. I must have gotten a good one.

I'm not sure why so many people rip on them, I guess maybe because they are easy to rip on (Funny looking, cheap, etc).

Whatever, mine works...

Lazer

because they are not a stihl "professional" saw.....

They are not consistant with their quality. I have seen ones that you couldn't wear out and some that would break every time you fired it up. I have a crapsman and it IS a pos. You couldn't melt and pour another one on me. I won;t even go in to the details with it as i have before here. Now i could go buy another and it may work like it should, But i ain't taking that chance. I work with a guy that found a wildthing on the side of the highway. Undoubtley fell out of somebodys truck. That saw is a good old saw it cuts good and is very reliable. They are not all the same. When you buy a stihl pro saw you are getting the same quality in each saw not varied. I have run a lot of old poulans over the years and their older saws would run with the best of them. The new saws are okay for homeowners that just do a little cutting a year, But they will not hold up under 6 to 8 hours a day cutting.

I just got rid of my old Wild Thing awhile back. It did a good job as long as the wood wasn't too big. One of the springs in the clutch broke so I just made the old one hook over the hole. One of the bolts for the bar nuts started slipping where it rounded the plastic out in the back. I cleaned it out and put some epoxy in there, shoved it back in and it's still working.

I got my money's worth out of that saw.

Danny

Whatever, mine works...

Lazer

You can get the chainbrake for cheap. From an old thread of mine:

joecool85 said:
I hadn't ordered a chainbrake with my gas lines and stuff because the one listed for the 2050 is $24, well I found out the only difference between it, the one for the 2375 and the one for the PP220 are color. The 2050 is green and costs $24, the 2375 is purple and cost $15 and the PP220 is gold and costs $8.25 !!

Here is the thread: http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=55121&page=4

**edit**
Those prices are from ordertree.com and are about a year old.

Last edited:
Quick search turned up these picts.
First one is the "farm hand".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

From here: http://www.electroluxart.com/chainsaws.html

Gotta love that wild thing jr. :jester:

Ok which ones are the Husqvarnas again?

Multiple choice.....

This site has a big learning curve, so be honest.............

I have had good luck with my poulan. The antivibe springs have been replaced a few times and a couple of fins on the flywheel have broken off because something came loose, but other than that it has served me well for 6 years. 3 years of heavy cutting. Only thing I can recommend is check all screws before going to the woods because they tend to vibe loose.

Kyle

Pretty sad people actually approve of the new poulan JUNK. I have a Poulan 3000 that is one of the last good saws they made. I cant believe that people waste the bandwidth arguing over the new Poulan junk, including myself.

Pretty sad people actually approve of the new poulan JUNK. I have a Poulan 3000 that is one of the last good saws they made. I cant believe that people waste the bandwidth arguing over the new Poulan junk, including myself.

You're the one that clicked on the thread, don't be mad at me that I have wasted 2 minute of your life.

Ok which ones are the Husqvarnas again?

Multiple choice.....

This site has a big learning curve, so be honest.............

It is rather ironic that they would put a big banner at the top saying Husqvarna, but it is a quick source of pictures.

I prefer the ones that say Made In Sweden.:)

I like these saws for the fact that they give pretty decent performance for the price. I like that I can use them in spots where i'd rather not use my 372xp. There is a spot for them whether you are a homeowner, weekend warrior, and an avid wood cutter.

Again, I must have gotten a good Wildthing, because I have not had nearly the trouble as a couple have listed here.

LAZER:cheers:

Latest posts

Back