New Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How many of you guys have insider tips about new saws coming out for '08.

Is the 460 going to get whacked like the 440 did?

Anything from Husky?

Looks like Dolmar has shown their cards already with a few new models, and the addition of heated and wrap handle models.

Shindaiwa is supposedly going to have a new saw out in the 50-60cc range.

I am just a consumer, so maybe some of you dealers or techs could confirm or deny my rumors.

MS 261, MS 381, MS 461, MS 661... :clap:

Now the Stihl Police will dispatch a Black Helicopter & whack team from VA Beach. If I don't make it through to see morning, y'all know why...

Edit: I don't have a clue what new stuff is in the pipeline for 2008

Last edited:
I have a very reliable source that claims there is a new Dolmar 9900 in the works. It looks very similar to the 7900, but larger. The prototype I got to run in Canada was a brute.

I have a very reliable source that claims there is a new Dolmar 9900 in the works. It looks very similar to the 7900, but larger. The prototype I got to run in Canada was a brute.

Cool. I think it was Scott that hinted something like that, but wouldn' really say. I hope it is at least 90cc, better yet 100cc. And I hope is is lighter than the 9010.

How about the magnificent new Husky 3125XP?

Last edited:
Poulan is introducing the replacement for the famous WILD THING...

The new, Poulan "iSaw"

Featuring a USB port so you can upload your favorite songs while cutting.
Port to plug in your Ear Buds
Pocket clip so you can bring the iSaw with you while jogging
Standard 56ghz internal hard drive, internet capable
3"LCD display , and full kepypad allows younger users to text their friends.
Also has built in walky talky capabilites.
Scrench doubles as tool that you can use on the touch screen, to access the internal PDA system.

*bar and chain sold seperately
**not legal for sale in California

(yeah, i know, old joke, but still funny)

i'd like to see that Dolmar!

the new edition 575xp is supposed to be out in the summer.silver clutch cover like the new 346.i can't see it being an improvement over the 372 but i'm trying to be optimistic.if it's as good as the new 346,we're in for a treat.

Husky have some new small and middle range saws coming out !
but I don't think it's something to get worked up about though ,,,

I haven't seen any new saw stuff come through they're putting the easy start on some more stuff and new attachments for the kombi system.

It probably will have a 119cc strato engine, like the new cutoff saw....

...and there is a 94cc version as well.

Any additional info on either of these motors or saws? Any rumored timeframes on new chainsaws?

Surely the new chainsaw will have air injection, which the 3120 doesn't have.

Last edited:

You ran a prototype and didn't take any spy photos?! LOL That would be very nice - 99cc and as light, powerful and vibe-free as the 5100 and 7900 are. Dolmar would have one tough 3-saw plan to beat!

Latest posts

Back