New season of AX MEN starts tonight ! !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice that, on AS at least, the further East the viewers are the better they like the show? Most of the people out here that I work with hate the damn thing. Or they think it's just funny.

Im not particulary fond of it, especially after reading posts from people that are actually making a living by logging. Like you and slowp. I would really like to see a documentary on logging. For a true POV.
But I do like watching it, for the simple fact that they are outside and "logging", and it is better than most of the useless junk on the tube.

Alright 1 minutes to go. Keep the comments coming folks.

I have seen a few episodes, and personally I think its a joke. I will watch it if there's no paint to watch dry. There's always that slim chance they will show a decent saw. I hate all the staged drama and the thought of a director telling the actors to "smear a little dirt on your face...right there, yea that looks good". I would rather chat with you guys on AS, real saw guys not actors. I enjoy the home videos of tree cutting guys post on here like the one Brad did of that monster a month ago. Thats the real deal.

Here's the guys I worked with and said NO to for a few months last year. They work together very well, and get the loads out. They run the same model of yarder that Melvin is in. This was in October, it was wet, fire season was over, so smoking in the woods was not a concern. Oh, and it isn't a pulley, it is a block.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ_Nf1cdCvs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YJ_Nf1cdCvs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Say, SlowP, is there really a season for cutting or is that just something they make up for the show? It seems like you could cut whenever you wanted as long as you could get to the logs.

Let the Drama Start. It did not even take one show and the green hornes are getting yelled at big time! hahahahah

Why dont all you cry babys who cant stand the show just change the channel and shut the hell up! I for one and alot of other people are just glad to have anything on tv that has something to do with saws and is entertaining! Anyway most of you who do nothing but gripe about the show do all your logging from your living room couch!

Last edited:
Why dont all you cry babys who cant stand the show just change the channel and shut the hell up! I for one and alot of other people are just glad to have anything on tv that has something to do with saws and is entertaining! Anyway most of you who do nothing but gripe about the show do all your logging from your living room couch!

I watch it to see how bad they can make the show. Kind of like, "How many mistakes can you see (made by people editing who don't know much about logging). I was afraid that the crews around here would imitate the show, but so far, other than a couple wanting Yoaders so they could try throwing the line, they are smart enough not to.

There's a lot of people logging from the couch. There aren't many jobs going.
That's why "hiring a greenhorn" makes no sense at all.

I might be out saying NO to a side this month if the snow doesn't dump.

Latest posts

Back