New season of AX MEN starts tonight ! !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoy watching the show, but really like the show called "Heli Logging" that aired on TLC last season. You guys seen that one? I sure hope it comes back for another season.

Whatever one's take on the show is, one needs to remember, it's entertainment for TV.

I enjoy watching the show, but really like the show called "Heli Logging" that aired on TLC last season. You guys seen that one? I sure hope it comes back for another season.

Whatever one's take on the show is, one needs to remember, it's entertainment for TV.

Yes that was a good show.:clap:

Say, SlowP, is there really a season for cutting or is that just something they make up for the show? It seems like you could cut whenever you wanted as long as you could get to the logs.

Oops, I missed this. Well, there are various seasons on timber sales, depending on location when they CAN'T log. Like we have restrictions for any units in suspected spotted own habitat. No operations Feb. 28 to July 1. In fact, on some units there are so many restrictions that they can only operate a couple of months.

So, I guess there could be a Season. But for the show, I think it is probably made up so they can have their contest.

AX MEN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "YAWN".....................................
had to turn tv off when i woke up 6 hrs later.............................................
entertainment ?????????? i call it a sleeping pill..........yawn...........
to each his own...

The show is was it is. I started watching it for the saws and the tree cutting the rest of the b.s. is well..... b.s.

I agree with the support for the Heli-loggers show that was on TLC though. That show had alittle drama, but by far showed the most tree cutting.

There is something about climbing up 150 - 200 feet to top the tree, then jigging the tree so there is just a little sliver of wood keeping it up and standing that glues me to the t.v. I liked the emphasis put on Canada's safety inspection and how everyone has to demonstrate proper technique and have the proper equipment or they are off the job.

Ummmm, it all flows together...the big picture. Fallers may be the coolest, but if their logs can't get to the mill, they won't make money. Gotta see The Big Picture--everybody has a part. Get the trees on the ground, to the landing, to the truck, to the mill. That's what its all about.

Ummmm, it all flows together...the big picture. Fallers may be the coolest, but if their logs can't get to the mill, they won't make money. Gotta see The Big Picture--everybody has a part. Get the trees on the ground, to the landing, to the truck, to the mill. That's what its all about.

Yup.

Got to agree with you there, but they spend too much time arguing and dragging them up the hill. But, you have to keep up the variety, not everyone gets off on felling shots, and even I would get bored with it after a while. I missed all of last season, and will probably score the same on this one. Not interested in the drama and hate the "contest" format. It's about the challenges faced, not the loads taken out when you are watching on TV. Now if you need to pay the bills, different story.

I know what you mean, I'd just like to see a little more cutting and a little less yarding.

Not interested in the drama and hate the "contest" format. It's about the challenges faced, not the loads taken out when you are watching on TV.

Exactly right. The "contest" aspect is phony and has absolutely no relation to how things are. The only "contest" we see is with the weather, the terrain, the machinery, and most of all with time. If we get out thirty loads a day and the guy across the canyon is getting out thirty five...well, good for him. It has no bearing or effect on us. The guy across the canyon doesn't care, either.

I understand that the TV people have to dramatize things to keep the average room-temperature-IQ viewer interested but I hope that, eventually, people will see this business for what it really is.

If they came out and watched us they'd probably be bored. No yelling and screaming, no made-for-TV danger scenes, no green horns being asked to do ridiculous things and being castigated when they fail...just a bunch of guys getting logs down the hill. As safely and profitably and quickly as possible.

It's on again right now on History!
Watching it (kind of) for the 2nd time..

Anyone see the 441 in a couple scens with Ryguard?... I like that!

That dude DJ is a crazy azz!LOL He's WIDE OPEN!...

Well this show is very good at what it is su[pposed to do, entertain people who have never been at a landing. but it is no reflection of a real crew. I watch for the saw scenes tho :( guilty as charged....

It's on again right now on History!
Watching it (kind of) for the 2nd time..

Anyone see the 441 in a couple scens with Ryguard?... I like that!

That dude DJ is a crazy azz!LOL He's WIDE OPEN!...

Keep that boy healthy and he's worth payin 1.5.
Unfortunately though, he's gonna tear himself up in short order and leave the crew short. He was bragging about dehydration. He ain't too bright.
Entertaining, but the boss is gonna have to put a governor on him and keep him away from power tools.

I'm liking the Swamp monster. The guy is my kind of crazy, and he's no dummy.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back