New season of AX MEN starts tonight ! !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, the show brought up a question: there are Huskies, Stihls, and Jonsereds I've seen (this is not a slam on Dolmar!) which made me wonder: are these cutters independent contractors? Specifically, do they show up with their own gear and provide everything themselves? I would have thought the logging companies would have a 'stable' of gear.

S

Hey all, the show brought up a question: there are Huskies, Stihls, and Jonsereds I've seen (this is not a slam on Dolmar!) which made me wonder: are these cutters independent contractors? Specifically, do they show up with their own gear and provide everything themselves? I would have thought the logging companies would have a 'stable' of gear.

S

Most fallers out here are independent contractors. They supply everything needed to do the job. That includes saws, tools, transportation, everything necessary for the work.

The guys you see on the landing are usually employed directly by the logging company. Their saws are provided for them. A chaser or knot bumper will usually claim a company saw for "his own" though if he can. The saws that everybody uses and get passed around a lot tend to suffer from it.

Most fallers out here are independent contractors. They supply everything needed to do the job. That includes saws, tools, transportation, everything necessary for the work.

The guys you see on the landing are usually employed directly by the logging company. Their saws are provided for them. A chaser or knot bumper will usually claim a company saw for "his own" though if he can. The saws that everybody uses and get passed around a lot tend to suffer from it.

Same here. I had the chaser for one outfit convinced he should get some Barbie Stickers for his (the company's) brand new 441. He was babying that new saw. :)The chaser is the one who uses the saw most on the rigging crew.

I'm thinking that if you watched nothing but production falling, you'd soon be bored. The fallers not talking or playing things up, but just falling, and the trees the size that is normal now. It is hard to get pictures of fallers, if you know what is going on or don't have a telephoto lens. Stuff goes awry once in a while so you have to be ready to relocate in a hurry, and be paying attention to what might fall on you, etc. Plus they don't need the distraction of watching out for the camera guy.

what a joke

just watched it for the first time last sunday and I got say what a joke!!! never been a logger tho my dad did some when we lived in oregon, looks like hard hard work which I am used too, but folks they aint NOBODY gonna scream at me like I'm a dog, teach me how to do a job and I'll give you 157%...maybe more but I will not be screamed at! that punk kid that old man ownes the biss needs a peavey shoved up the old poop shoot.

Latest posts

Back