New Solo model, the 681

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solo likes to fib a tad on their HP #'s Had one here last Sept. ran er side by side with the 7900 the 7900 was smoother, quieter, and stronger.

Scott

The 681 has a 1mm longer stroke than the 7900.

Scott, do you happen to have the stock port timing from either saws?

The 681 has a 1mm longer stroke than the 7900.

Scott, do you happen to have the stock port timing from either saws?

have you had one apart? Just curious as I agree they look similar and Solo used to have some kind of partnership with Dolmar.

I'd be real insterested in tearing one apart!

Seems they have the 65cc, 75cc and 81cc....awefully familar to the 6400, 7300, 7900....

Last edited:
have you had one apart? Just curious as I agree they look similar and Solo used to have some kind of partnership with Dolmar.

I'd be real insterested in tearing one apart!

Seems they have the 65cc, 75cc and 81cc....awefully familar to the 6400, 7300, 7900....

Nope, but I know someone who has.

What Dolmar wont tell ya is that they only designed part of the 7900. Solo desighned the rest of it.
I have ran them side by side and the Solo is stronger. If they vibtate more I can not feel it. The Solo does have larger AV springs then the Dolmar. I have seen my local Dolmar dealer replace many of the top av mount. They do make a little more exhaust noise because the muffler is not choked back as far as the Dolmar. The exhause hole in the muffler is also larger on the Solo.
I have seen inside of these saws. My local Solo dealer x Dolmar has picutures of them om his forum.
Wade

How many Solo dealers are out there who also provide service? Just looked up on their website, I know that the only 2 within 100 miles of me are hardware stores.

And a hundred bucks for what? Oh, right, nothing.

Still saving for the 7900...

What Dolmar wont tell ya is that they only designed part of the 7900. Solo desighned the rest of it.
I have ran them side by side and the Solo is stronger. If they vibtate more I can not feel it. The Solo does have larger AV springs then the Dolmar. I have seen my local Dolmar dealer replace many of the top av mount. They do make a little more exhaust noise because the muffler is not choked back as far as the Dolmar. The exhause hole in the muffler is also larger on the Solo.
I have seen inside of these saws. My local Solo dealer x Dolmar has picutures of them om his forum. Wade

Solo likes to fib a tad on their HP #'s Had one here last Sept. ran er side by side with the 7900 the 7900 was smoother, quieter, and stronger. Scott

Isn't this a classic!.....The Solo has a 1mm longer stroke.....But the Dolmar dealer is claiming his saw's faster, smoother, and has less noise......Hahahahahaha!

It looks like the Solo 651 is the same or equal to the Dolmar 5100.

I think the Dolmar looks better. :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back