New Solo model, the 681

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one mm stroke difference really interests me. Makes sense that the cc's are close but bigger....I'm guessing same bore.

Anyone had these 681's apart? Just wondering how similar the internals are.

Also is very interesting that the solo comes in at the 5 cube limit in size....

Will that 681 be the new hottest saw out of the box?:monkey:

It would have to be one bad mug to rival the 7900.:jawdrop:

If it is a 7900 with a longer stroke and less restrictive exhaust out of the box.....sounds like it will!

I would pay a bit more to get extra power who wouldn't. The guys converting 6400's may be able to use solo parts to get the edge (conrod/gasket/cyl)

Last edited:
I would pay a bit more to get extra power who wouldn't. The guys converting 6400's may be able to use solo parts to get the edge (conrod/gasket/cyl)

yeah, notice on the Solo site that the 681 is 6.4 HP and the 690 (9010 equivalent) is only 6.7 HP! lol

What is the 7900 for the paper specs people?

Isn't this a classic!.....The Solo has a 1mm longer stroke.....But the Dolmar dealer is claiming his saw's faster, smoother, and has less noise......Hahahahahaha!

Funny thing is he's also a Solo dealer ................................:) :)

If anybody wants a Solo you can call Scott and he's ok to ship them.....:)

Pip Pip!......Who wants to take a Dolmar dealers word for it.:monkey:

Steve.....That's why the Dolmar dealers are worried.:cheers:

I guess so. I would be to if I was in their shoes! lol

Quick Question:

Has anybody on here seen or ran a 681 except for us & Baileys?

I've been waiting for 10 months for a Solo dealer program with actual pricing on the new saws. We are a Solo dealer and can get any of the product.

Steve

Last edited:
It looks like the Solo 651 is the same or equal to the Dolmar 5100.

I think the Dolmar looks better. :greenchainsaw:

I don't think the 651 is equal to the 5100. Because the 656 I ran wasn't as strong as the 5100.

Steve

yeah, notice on the Solo site that the 681 is 6.4 HP and the 690 (9010 equivalent) is only 6.7 HP! lol

What is the 7900 for the paper specs people?

Off the website with the help of conversion calulators.:dizzy:
4.6kw aka 6.12HP
6.3kg aka 13.88 pounds

4.9kw aka 6.57HP
8.2kg aka 18.07 pounds

The 9010 must be for milling, those numbers are crazy......

Last edited:
The 9010 stock is a gutless pig. Now modded, they're a different story, especially with a 181 thin-ring piston..:chainsaw:

Is the PS9000 the same as the 9010?

Does the 9010 (and 9000 for that matter) use a 13mm wristpin like the 181?

Quick Question:

Has anybody on here seen or ran a 681 except for us & Baileys?

I've been waiting for 10 months for a Solo dealer program with actual pricing on the new saws. We are a Solo dealer and can get any of the product.

Steve

I am on here and I have ran the 681.

Why would you be interested in them? Your buddy Scott claims that the Dolmar is stronger.

Wade

I don't think the 651 is equal to the 5100. Because the 656 I ran wasn't as strong as the 5100.

Steve

You guys crack me up. I have ran the 656 and it is right on the heals of a Husky 357, not as strong but close.

Wade

The one mm stroke difference really interests me. Makes sense that the cc's are close but bigger....I'm guessing same bore.

Anyone had these 681's apart? Just wondering how similar the internals are.

Also is very interesting that the solo comes in at the 5 cube limit in size....

Maybe you didnt see one of my earlier posts. I have seen inside the 681 and my local dealer has pictures of the inside of that saw on his forum.
Wade

Maybe you didnt see one of my earlier posts. I have seen inside the 681 and my local dealer has pictures of the inside of that saw on his forum.
Wade

Links to the dealer's forum?

I'm not brand loyal, just got my 5100, and it's a nice saw, no doubt. But Solo's own claimed weight is 1 lb heavier than the 7900, and it's 100 bucks more. And the claimed horsepower is the SAME for both saws. Maybe more torque, maybe not, until both saws are tested independently, we'll never know for sure.

So for a hundred bucks more, I get a heavier saw with the same power and no service. What a bargain. Are you that desperate to find something better than Dolmar? Why would Dolmar dealers be worried? No one has ever heard of Solo, more so even than Dolmar.

So until someone without a chip on their shoulder gets one to test side-by-side with a 7900, there's no news story here.

So until someone without a chip on their shoulder gets one to test side-by-side with a 7900, there's no news story here.

Solo haven't been submitting their saws to the independent DLG and KWF testing regime so far - one can only suspect the reason for that, beeing a German brand.......

Latest posts

Back