New Solo model, the 681

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P.S I also herd on here that Jreds get the top 10% of good parts manufactured by Husky put on them. lol:hmm3grin2orange:

It's true, that is the only way elux could make them run 30% close to a Stihl. Build quality on the other hand is down 50% from it's rival Stihl.:greenchainsaw:

Pure BS, and you know it!!!

:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I was wondering if the 681 ignition modules were similar and/or identical to those used in the 7900. That might make it a little more enticing for someone to come out with an unlimited ignition module......:popcorn:

I was wondering if the 681 ignition modules were similar and/or identical to those used in the 7900. That might make it a little more enticing for someone to come out with an unlimited ignition module......:popcorn:

How complex, really, are the internals of the ignition modules? I mean, I seriously doubt it would be like reverse-engineering the space shuttle guidance software. Seems like someone relatively well-versed in electronics could figure it out. Even if it was somewhat physically larger, it would probably still fit in the case nicely. And likely once you figured out one brand, it would be relatively easy to make another type. Not a business that would make you a millionaire for sure, but interesting work.

a lot of guys are "gun-shy" for good reason, not knowing if Dolmar is here for the long run this time or not.

He says he has a couple loggers using Dolmar, but I haven't heard any feedback, or know what kind of work they actually use them for.

is makita in it for the long run?

one might assume the saws where used for logging.

:clap:

I would say that Makita Group has a bit more leeway to carry a slow division than Sachs-Dolmar did. Also their new parts delivery system is working very well, at least according to my dealer. Lot of guys digging old SD saws out to get fixed now that they can get parts again.

What I meant, wise guy, was I didn't know if he was just using the term "logger" to describe land-clearing, regular timber harvesting, or something else, or if it's one guy with a magnetic sign and one saw calling himself a logger. Because you know that someone here will jump all over me if it turns out to be less than a super-faller using a Dolmar professionally.

:clap:

Dolmar has never been out of the game........ It has had different distributors thru the years and NOW they have the IDN distribution setup and all is good. Since I started selling SachsDolmar / Dolmar saws almost 30 years ago I have always had a distributor to buy from. I don't care if its Dolmar or other manufactures even the allmighty Stihl has had distribution changes. So for all those who say will Dolmar survive this time? they always have............

Scott

Dolmar has never been out of the game........ It has had different distributors thru the years and NOW they have the IDN distribution setup and all is good. Since I started selling SachsDolmar / Dolmar saws almost 30 years ago I have always had a distributor to buy from. I don't care if its Dolmar or other manufactures even the allmighty Stihl has had distribution changes. So for all those who say will Dolmar survive this time? they always have............

Scott

Yup. It's interesting how people think that since they don't see a brand in their are, they must not be established anywhere else. I can think of 4 Dolmar dealers within a 40 mile radius of my hometown that've been around longer than I can remember. Some of them still have the 30 year old Sachs Dolmar signs up that are faded almost beyond recognition.

Latest posts

Back