New Solo model, the 681

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the Solo dealer locator and they have a place listed that can get parts, and another place that has saws and other small engines. I was just in the place that they list as having saws and when I was there they didn't have saws. Reminds me of Dolmar 2 years ago.

Since Dolmar updated there dealer locator, I notice there are several more dealers in Western Pa. now stocking saws. Thats why I bought one. Funny thing is a guy had a new link on here from Efco, and alot of the the same places selling Dolmar are now selling Efco. I like the fact that other manufacturers are picking up and putting pressure on the big 2. I hope Solo does the same.

I have heard a few rumors that the cranks are failing on these 681 when you use a 24"+ bar. Does anyone know if this is true? Surely it could pull a 28" or 32" with ease?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have heard a few rumors that the cranks are failing on these 681 when you use a 24"+ bar. Does anyone know if this is true? Surely it could pull a 28" or 32" with ease?:confused: :confused: :confused:

False!.....The rumor is the 7900 has a funky oiler.:monkey: :cheers:

Any real world reports on the 681 yet?

I am talking about the log woods, not the showroom.

LOL, lots of folks talking out their :censored: in this thread now that I look back at it.

I know something you don't know.....

Any real world reports on the 681 yet?

I am talking about the log woods, not the showroom.

I got a PM the other day that said stock vs stock the 681 was about 3 seconds faster than the 7900. If thats true then the 681 is a bad dude.
I have a stock 7900 and I thought it was mean. This 681, if its really 3 seconds faster in the cut than the 7900 should turn some heads for those that love speed above all else..

They're very similar saws, It seems. I got a pm from Dan Henry. It was complimentary. Saw is about the same weight, 2 cc's larger, and cuts faster, he said. Just spoke with Greg at Bailey's, who has sold a few on special order. These have no comp release, and he's waiting for the ones with it installed to arrive.

He also had words of praise for the 656, which specs at 4.4 hp, and 11.7 lb...if true, would put it at the top of the 57-61 cc class.

They're very similar saws, It seems. I got a pm from Dan Henry. It was complimentary. Saw is about the same weight, 2 cc's larger, and cuts faster, he said. Just spoke with Greg at Bailey's, who has sold a few on special order. These have no comp release, and he's waiting for the ones with it installed to arrive.

He also had words of praise for the 656, which specs at 4.4 hp, and 11.7 lb...if true, would put it at the top of the 57-61 cc class.

I noticed they do look alot alike. Your man says they cut faster too, welp the 681 should sell good. I've always liked my 7900 and its plenty fast for me..

Horsepower to weight ratios are nearly the same, until they both are modded. Then the Larger displacement Solo would probably have the edge (79cc vs. 80.7).

I got a PM the other day that said stock vs stock the 681 was about 3 seconds faster than the 7900. If thats true then the 681 is a bad dude.
I have a stock 7900 and I thought it was mean. This 681, if its really 3 seconds faster in the cut than the 7900 should turn some heads for those that love speed above all else..

The 681 may in fact be faster than the 7900, but I must add the stock 7900 in that test was running an 8 pin sprocket, the 681 had a 7 pin.

The 681 may in fact be faster than the 7900, but I must add the stock 7900 in that test was running an 8 pin sprocket, the 681 had a 7 pin.

Welp sounds like the 681 is a runner then. Since you know about the sprockets I assume you was there, what did you think of it overall compared to the 7900? I ask because from the pictures I've seen of it they look quite abit alike. Did you run the 681?

Latest posts

Back