New splitter build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never ever criticize a person for trying. Bullying is for grade schoolers and grown boys with small peckers who need to man up in life. That said, I've worked along side of plenty of vulgar and harsh people and there's a big difference between constructive criticism, poking fun or ribbing, and this. Assholes get put in their place eventually. Woodtick, you were a bit assholeish in your opinion giving

OP, dont listen to him. I think you did an amazing job. Keep us posted as to any changes you make along the way. Nothing more satisfying than building and tweaking something to perfectly fit your needs

:wtf: Really??? Post up a pic of one of your builds.
I'm sorry if I'm not the person sitting there telling someone lies. The splitter is riddled with substandard poor quality welds hopefully no one will be hurt. I didn't say that I did make a good effort but that does not change the facts.
Here's an idea. Haul it to the scrap yard and get $0.06 a pound that way no one will get hurt when that massive cylinder just tears that piece of **** apart. Really

I'm sorry if I'm not the person sitting there telling someone lies. The splitter is riddled with substandard poor quality welds hopefully no one will be hurt. I didn't say that I did make a good effort but that does not change the facts.
Here's an idea. Haul it to the scrap yard and get $0.06 a pound that way no one will get hurt when that massive cylinder just tears that piece of **** apart. Really

I would like to see your version as well.

Just to add some reasonable amount of credibility to your observation, maybe you can post some documentation as to your welding certifications. And more information as to your personal qualifications for mechanical engineering and design. Maybe you can provide some sample of your work to show how to build a wood splitter the correct way, or at least as to the way you think one should build correctly. If you cannot provide evidence that you can or have done better work, then its time for you to keep your self righteous opinions to yourself.

That vote of confidence was posted at 3:26 am.....normally means someone either had too much light brown liquid or not enough dark brown liquid.

Telling someone they suck helps nobody. If they are doing it wrong you are welcome to suggest how they can do it better. Nobody starts out as an expert at anything.

That massive cylinder needs a massive engine & massive pump hooked up to it to live up to its massive destruction potential.

OK,i am watching this thread-I have my own thoughts on this build,but will hold back......I want to see a video of this build, splitting real wood....Bert

That massive cylinder needs a massive engine & massive pump hooked up to it to live up to its massive destruction potential.

I was thinking along the same lines. Just because the cylinder CAN create umpteen tons of force doesn't mean it will. Wouldn't a relief valve in the system be able to limit any damage?

Ryan, you are correct. The pump will only produce pressure up to the amount of resistance it encounters. The resistance can be regulated by adjusting the relief. The Op has already done these things. At the start of the thread, the amount of force was mentioned. The Op says he is not setting the machine up for maximum force. I believe he stated he hasnt needed more than 1200-1500psi to split anything yet. Without going back and rereading the entire thread, I believe he mentioned setting the reliefs at 2000 or 2500psi. and also limiting the tonnage to around 33 tons. I havent done the math, so cant say the numbers add up or not. Some of his material choices for the build are not what I would have chosen, but I think he put a lot of thought in how it was all put together. Like myself and a lot of others doing similar builds, he used what he had on hand. I wouldnt be afraid to use his splitter. I dont think there is anything in my wood pile that his splitter wouldnt split and not break doing so. Thats not to say, that with the size cyl he is using, that you couldnt break things by maxing out the pressure and putting something in the machine that you shouldnt.

Just got a interesting Pm from Woodtic, I would repost it, but with the profanity filters, all you would see is a lot of ******************'s I guess I hurt his feelings.

That's pretty typical. People who criticize the loudest usually get offended when it goes even slightly the other way. I have always tried to take the attitude of being willing to learn and pass experiences along to try to save others the same mistakes I made. This forum has help and saved me time and money on things.

That's pretty typical. People who criticize the loudest usually get offended when it goes even slightly the other way. I have always tried to take the attitude of being willing to learn and pass experiences along to try to save others the same mistakes I made. This forum has help and saved me time and money on things.
Agree completely.

from the looks of your splitter, you need all the help you can get..................................................Just kidding.:cheers:

I would like to see your version as well.
For starters, I don't have a version of a poorly designed and poorly built and poorly welded log splitter. But thank you for inquiring.
Would it be possible you post some additional photos of your welds that are 100% unrelated to this person's log splitter build? Did you by any chance post those to make you feel more like a man? Do you suffer from ED or impotence? Oh boy look at me I am Mr Man. Look at my welds I can weld better than someone with almost zero welding skills on the internet.
My statement that this not a safe machine stands no matter how many of you Nancy's deny the facts two hurt someone's feeling. It's not a matter of if that machine will break it's just a matter of when. It's also a matter of weather or not someone is injured or seriously injured or God forbid killed when it happens. I guess some of you must see log splitters and high pressure Hydraulics has some sort of toy. But I can assure you they are not.

I think WT is upset because he hasn't had any bread in a long time.:laugh:

For starters, I don't have a version of a poorly designed and poorly built and poorly welded log splitter. But thank you for inquiring.
Would it be possible you post some additional photos of your welds that are 100% unrelated to this person's log splitter build? Did you by any chance post those to make you feel more like a man? Do you suffer from ED or impotence? Oh boy look at me I am Mr Man. Look at my welds I can weld better than someone with almost zero welding skills on the internet.
My statement that this not a safe machine stands no matter how many of you Nancy's deny the facts two hurt someone's feeling. It's not a matter of if that machine will break it's just a matter of when. It's also a matter of weather or not someone is injured or seriously injured or God forbid killed when it happens. I guess some of you must see log splitters and high pressure Hydraulics has some sort of toy. But I can assure you they are not.

First off, C5Rulz is someone who I consider a good friend whom I met on these forums and the reply was to him as we jest back and forth. It's what friends do.

I've found over the years it is better to encourage and try to help others than to just bash and berate them. Offering suggestions or possible solution to their situation which the OP did do and I offered what I thought would help Concerns were raised and pointed out. He worked to correct/strengthen some things so I don't know where all this attitude is coming from on your part.

The OP seemed to be appreciative of the input the forum was giving him on HIS thread. Maybe I'm wrong again.

Have you ever built a splitter then? You infer that you now the ins and outs of a good machine so I just wanted to see what you had come up with. When you refuse to show anything it a huge red flag.

If I'm out of line here I guess the members will chime in and let us both know. If you need confirmation of who "suffer from ED or impotence" I guess a vote is in order.

Back