New stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mow I would not use that ring for a attachment for a lanyard as if I had to
drop the saw to move it would probably pull the screws out! I always tie
the lanyard to the handle.

Suprisingly that little ring lasts and lasts and almost never gives problems... but I love selling guys (very few..) that do it your way $120 handles, $16 av mounts and $32 boots :greenchainsaw:

do that little adjustment i told you about and you will see the difference between that little ,awfully light in the loafers, 334t and your new found stud.

it wont end there either rope. hate to tell you. once you see the light (stihl) you are going to end up with another one. lol.

dont worry about that rinky dink ring for your lanyard. it'll hold.

do that little adjustment i told you about and you will see the difference between that little ,awfully light in the loafers, 334t and your new found stud.

it wont end there either rope. hate to tell you. once you see the light (stihl) you are going to end up with another one. lol.

dont worry about that rinky dink ring for your lanyard. it'll hold.

I have my lanyard that goes to just below my feet so in the event
all heck breaks loose, not often but prepared to drop the saw and move in that event the shock load could pull them out. No, that is the only stihl I will likely buy and I admit it is a fine saw and my big dawgs think she is cute too! :laugh:

Congratulations........... She's a sweet runner Rope, best in the biz, only thing bad I can say is go ahead and order you a new muffler now. :cheers:

Suprisingly that little ring lasts and lasts and almost never gives problems... but I love selling guys (very few..) that do it your way $120 handles, $16 av mounts and $32 boots :greenchainsaw:

Ahhhhhh a weakness already my husky did not have that problem:confused:
I had a echo that had one of those tie in points screws pulled out busted it
up but still ran for a few years and been tying into handles since but seldom
drop it to the end of the lanyard only in ohhhh **** instances.

Seriously... if you're concerned, tie off to the ring, and put a short "safety strap" to the handle... I suspect you'll take the strap off in a year or two.

With this ring .......

Hot dang. Rope's marrying a Stihl.

Joat
Doctor Joat you are too much!!!:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

He sat and pondered upon what that little metal ring was for.:)

That is why I spoke up with the obvious. A longtime Husky user will have the attendant cognitive deficit, kind of like when I am walking around looking for something that is in my hand.....:monkey: :greenchainsaw:

If you huff enough aerosol cans or Husky exhaust, ya need a little he'p sumtimes.....:dizzy: :monkey:

j/k Rope, hope you enjoy using that great little saw. It is so powerful it scares me. THe rear handle version is a lot of fun to use. Power to weight, I can't imagine any other saw coming close. OK Saw Troll, I am waiting for it.....:greenchainsaw:

Oh, by the way, I think that ring is invisibly bolted to the center of the earth somehow. It is very strong. Not at all likely to pull out, like it wood on some other brands that, in the interest of harmonious inter-marque relations, will go unnamed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back