new (to me) 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to try the happy medium, half-skip chain. What do you all think of it? Of course around here everything has to be ordered because none of the dealers stock anything but RM and RS series. I am so used to it now I think I may be learning a little patience finally.

I want to try the happy medium, half-skip chain. What do you all think of it? Of course around here everything has to be ordered because none of the dealers stock anything but RM and RS series. I am so used to it now I think I may be learning a little patience finally.
I have some of all of it, the Semi Skip I have is square grind and I save it for big stuff that is clean, it cuts very well in Pine and cedars Conifers and on my modded saws I run an 8 pin,,, it seems a little slower in the hard stuff,,,Plus the full comp is just smoother in the hard woods and as long as you find the right feed rate and dont let the R"S get to low and out of the power band it will sling some serious chips,,,, I do have a few stockers that we use with just muffler mods and run 7 pins on them and they do fine wearing 32's or 36's,,,,, JMHO!!!!!

Latest posts

Back