new (to me) 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimanager

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
CAD has reared it head again in the form of a Stihl 066, 25 and 36 in. bars, 3 chains for the 25 (one brand new) and 1 for the 36. All are in real good shape. Came with an 8 pin sprocket and pulls the 36 with RS REALLY well in a solid piece of big oak.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You are going to like it, guaranteed. I've got the same bar arsenal for mine, and it just screams with the 25". Your wife will think you are up to something, your smile will be that big.

Mark

You're right Mark. I could not believe how well it pulled. I didn't notice the sprocket on it when I first put the bar on it, and was amazed at how well it pulled the 36. I thought it just came with a 7, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw it allready had an 8 pin on it. What a beast.

Oh, by the way, can anybody send an IPL and/or a service manual.

Sam

edit; It was full comp also:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
You're right Mark. I could not believe how well it pulled. I didn't notice the sprocket on it when I first put the bar on it, and was amazed at how well it pulled the 36. I thought it just came with a 7, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw it allready had an 8 pin on it. What a beast.

Oh, by the way, can anybody send an IPL and/or a service manual.

Sam

edit; It was full comp also:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I'll trade you the IPL and manual for the saw...Just kidding I can send those to you this evening if you want (if someone does'nt beat me to it)...send me a PM with your email. Where are you in central Il.

AndyR

Nice saw! I have have the same bars too... except i only run a 7 pin. It's probably one saw I'd never part with. Cuts like hell with the 25" on it!! :clap:

Nice 066! My modded 066 is a very impressive saw. I run mine with a 7 pin only. My 066 pulls a 24" with authority through anything, it is my strongest running saw as of right now.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Had to get surgery tonight...

Told doc I needed to get this s**t-eating grin off of my face after felling & cutting with my recently-aquired 066 all day!

He told me the swelling would go down..... eventually. ;)

I can see the Stihl paint flaking off - why don't they use paint that sticks, like Husky...........:greenchainsaw:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

I bought this saw used in December. I talked to the guy that owned it. He had it for five years and used it everyday logging. It prolly has a thousand hours or more on it and still has over 150psi of compression.lol:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Back