Newbie here. What else? - I need saw purchase advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leesburg is not too far to go. I'll keep that in mind!

Sniff sniff, hmmmmmmmmmm so true brother, its not that far away. I've read your post and you my friend need one good all purpose saw. No need to buy two for what your gonna be doing, get one that pretty well does all you need to do. One not too heavy to limb with and still packs enough power to block some decent size wood with. That said get the best and forget the rest. The 361 is the king of the hill in the all purpose saw list.

From what hear if you go see old Tom you'll be singing Love me tender all the way home, stroking a new 361. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

To be honest from what he wrote the 361 is perfect for him. Singing him a Elvis tune will be extra,LOL

Yes - he sure is cool!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Haha, cool aint the word baby, its get down, get with it and gettttttttter done. Durn I just messed up my doo typing that, LOLOL

Troll sell that man your favorite saw, you know as well me he will be delighted with it, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sniff sniff, hmmmmmmmmmm so true brother, its not that far away. I've read your post and you my friend need one good all purpose saw. No need to buy two for what your gonna be doing, get one that pretty well does all you need to do. One not too heavy to limb with and still packs enough power to block some decent size wood with. That said get the best and forget the rest. The 361 is the king of the hill in the all purpose saw list.

I agrees wit' what Tommya says here! :monkey: (whatamisaying????) :jawdrop:

Very true, my friend!!!!

:rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

...how could anyone fail to see that, after my post somewhere above.......:)

Oh, well - wrong tread - but true anyway........

Last edited:
Haha, cool aint the word baby, its get down, get with it and gettttttttter done. Durn I just messed up my doo typing that, LOLOL

Troll sell that man your favorite saw, you know as well me he will be delighted with it, :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

He sure will!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The 361 is the allround saw, if you don't have really large wood - but then there isn't anything like an allround saw anyway.......

Last edited:
How did I know this thread would end up with the 361? That said either buy it now and never come back on this site or stay here and buy them all.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Did you sell that 361 yet Tommy? (Remember, it can cure cancer:monkey: )

What till it starts cooling off a bit and Stihl will probably put the MS170 on sale again, I orget what they go for now, but you can pick them up for $160. That would be great for the G/F, because you wont put the 361 down once you get used to it:monkey:

MS361 & PS-350 is the pair you need

Personally after a lot of saw 'sole' searching and saw using, I have come up with the Stihl MS361 and the new Dolmar PS-350 as a good, pro saw working pair which is the same as what you are looking for. Good features, good designs for saws. The small Stihls have a lot of plastic in them in the wrong places, and they lack features that I need (ie., adjustable oiler, metal clutch housing, spring mounted anti-vibration).

I have yet to get my hands on the baby Dolmar saws yet though. Soon... supposed to be out very soon... the PS-420 is gonna be listed a tad shy of 300 clams. Amicks will have them when they arrive stateside, and they are not too far away from you.

I say 3120 w/ a 48" bar for the big saw and an 880 for the small saw... the 880 is nimble as can be with a 16" bar and a 12 pin rim. (just kidding of course)

Ian

I beg to differ - the PS350 isn't much of a saw regarding power to weight - not the 420 either, really (as far as the info on them says by now).

The Husky 339xp stands out as a much better option, for a really light saw........:)

Latest posts

Back