Newby Forum????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Forum???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ha, when I first came here and posted, I came with teeth rattling and shoulders in the air. I was searching for some parts for my big Mac and stepped in casually. I had seen there wasn't much support for the Macs (especially the fat-bottomed ones), I let my presence known. Sometimes you just have to learn to stand your ground, take no prisoners. If people ignore you, it shouldn't be taken personally. Still act civil, though.

Like others say, lots of knowledge and open minds here. There should be no reason anyone has to leave. If all else fails, keep a low profile and search to your hearts content. I probably do about 5 archive searches a day on a daily basis, never can learn enough. I will say a lot of the search results get old after seeing them 10 times, and some searches tend to bring up more generalized results by the 100's. Searches here have saved me some money too. I've talked myself out of a lot of saw purchases from reading feedback posted here. Can I say i'm more careful with how I spend my money since I came here? That's SMARTS!! :)

Good post mang... :)

If someone ever has to "leave" a forum because their feeling got "hurt"... Well... they were just a pu$$y to begin with... It's just the internet. We all get fussy, have bad days, and sometimes... just like to nit-pik a little. And maybe flip the new guy a little guff... Ever been the new guy on a construction site, loggin' operation, or on a farm? There ya have it... :laugh:

Gary

I have made responses here lately, because they were being ignored,
and dropping off the grid, just because I felt that someone should have responded, and I am tired of it being me.

Andy/Lakeside is gone, me and THall refuse to step up............

So somebody, step up!!!!!!
INo one wants to read 143 pages of posts to find out if their Stihl was made in Germany or the U.S.A.

I was frustrated when the FAQ link was about websites and computers and not about chainsaws.

I tried an FAQ thread here, hoping it would get stickified so newbies could do some research without using the search engine, but it was pretty much ignored.

Ha, when I first came here and posted, I came with teeth rattling and shoulders in the air. I was searching for some parts for my big Mac and stepped in casually. I had seen there wasn't much support for the Macs (especially the fat-bottomed ones), I let my presence known. Sometimes you just have to learn to stand your ground, take no prisoners.
If people ignore you,
it shouldn't be taken personally. Still act civil, though.

Like others say, lots of knowledge and open minds here. There should be no reason anyone has to leave. If all else fails, keep a low profile and search to your hearts content. I probably do about 5 archive searches a day on a daily basis, never can learn enough. I will say a lot of the search results get old after seeing them 10 times, and some searches tend to bring up more generalized results by the 100's. Searches here have saved me some money too. I've talked myself out of a lot of saw purchases from reading feedback posted here. Can I say i'm more careful with how I spend my money since I came here? That's SMARTS!! :)
i know how that feels
notice the signature in my name notice the last lines
with me having over 4000 part #s in hand of mcculloch and poulan and homelite you would think them parts would be selling well they have not most the ones i do sell are non
AS members who google or yahoo or msn or dogpile or aol search engines sent to me very few have got things from me on this site and that is very few less than 10

yes i am hurt am i going to talk to someone about it no i wont cause when i try to talk to someone someone else comes along and throws up a fissy fit and causes a rumor

they say its not good to hold things inside but who can you trust now adays ?

yes thall was right couple months ago when he said he can see the hurting in my words

Last edited:
I dont think that a seperate forum is the answer. A seperate section that has stickys or a list of FAQs that pertain to saw questions is my vision. Im not an elitist and dont think Im better than a newb. Heck Im the rookie.:biggrinbounce2:
The "section" within the site is the forum of which I speak. We are in agreement.

These Newbie homeowners get old. BTW is 100:1 Amsoil really OK to run in my Wild Thing?:bowdown:

Newbie here

and I have searched dozens of times in comparison to my few posts all of which due to my lack of chainsaw vocabulary and outright lack of experience probably had many people saying hear is another newbie who did not search for an answer prior to posting. I think it might be easier to search out answers when your familiar with the answers and perhaps some of the posts with the answers in them. I know I have spent alot of time reading through alot of posts that were good reads but never did find the answer I was looking for. Sure sounds easy though. Just hit the search key put in the words and hope you hit some tagged words that are close to home and read. Anyway I thank everyone who has answered my questions this is an awesome site and I wish I would have found it sooner.

Latest posts

Back