Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finished checking the 3600 over after finishing up another project. It didn't need much, just a cleaning, sprocket bearing grease, a carb tune, bar dressing and I put a Lazer (Carlton) chisel chain on it.
You guys were right on. It pulls a 20" bar really nicely.
I had a close look at the chain brake handle and the damage was caused by a squirrell tuning his choppers up. We run 'em they chew 'em.

The label on the back with 82 on it is the decibel rating for Australia. I fixed that problem by adding an extra port to the front muffler case.

I finished checking the 3600 over after finishing up another project. It didn't need much, just a cleaning, sprocket bearing grease, a carb tune, bar dressing and I put a Lazer (Carlton) chisel chain on it.
You guys were right on. It pulls a 20" bar really nicely.
I had a close look at the chain brake handle and the damage was caused by a squirrell tuning his choppers up. We run 'em they chew 'em.

The label on the back with 82 on it is the decibel rating for Australia. I fixed that problem by adding an extra port to the front muffler case.

that runs good fossil.:cheers:
now get the muffler opened up.:clap:

is your back yard Haunted? Is this captain Jack Sparrow and a little monkey ghost hanging around in the bushes? :msp_scared:
attachment.php

View attachment 302466

thaaaaaat's terrifying:msp_unsure:

better get more poulans to keep the bad mammajamma like that away.

Last edited:
on Fossil's 3600 post:
Was there a link to vid at photobucket? I've become fussy about not letting just any script run
and I haven't worked out what's causing their vids to not run for me.

I've slowly developed a general rule of if the script is from a third party or unspecific origin
or is from a known flash cookie setter, I won't let them run anymore.
Cuts waaay down on the virus/malware problems.

Secondly,
Stephen C: Glad to see that someone else is out there Rorschach~ing peoples pics!

on Fossil's 3600 post:
Was there a link to vid at photobucket? I've become fussy about not letting just any script run
and I haven't worked out what's causing their vids to not run for me.

I've slowly developed a general rule of if the script is from a third party or unspecific origin
or is from a known flash cookie setter, I won't let them run anymore.
Cuts waaay down on the virus/malware problems.

Secondly,
Stephen C: Glad to see that someone else is out there Rorschach~ing peoples pics!

Same here, javsascript off, careful temporary selected whitelist only. Noscript FTW! And a bunch more firefox add ons...

Until there is a precedent where webpages are economically responsible for third party scripts, when they hose people and their machines, too bad. Lot of sites I won't even bother looking at them because they are so bogus with scripts and pulling from lebenty dozen other domains.

Super 25 Deluxe Automatic!!!

Mike

I picked up two 25's yesterday. One is a 25DA(no S) and the other is a S25CVA. I can't see any difference between the S25DA I have and the 25DA? The acres site lists a 4cc displacement difference. Is that it?

The S25CVA has a scored piston. I'm thinking that since the S25DA I have is missing a few parts I may pull the engine from it and swap it into the CVA. Were there any differences that would prevent this?

I picked up two 25's yesterday. One is a 25DA(no S) and the other is a S25CVA. I can't see any difference between the S25DA I have and the 25DA? The acres site lists a 4cc displacement difference. Is that it?

The S25CVA has a scored piston. I'm thinking that since the S25DA I have is missing a few parts I may pull the engine from it and swap it into the CVA. Were there any differences that would prevent this?

Bore measurement (and therefore displacement) is difference between a 'regular' and 'super' XXV series saw when looking at the same model (such as 25DA and S25DA).

You don't really move the engine from one saw to another with these so much as you disassemble them both and build the S25-CVA around the engine of the S25DA using most of the parts from the CVA.

You'll need the carb box, rear handle (and bracket), handlebar, fuel tank, bottom plate, clutch cover, all AV buffers, manual oiler pushrod, and fasteners from the CVA (may be something else I'm forgetting). Use the flywheel cover from the CVA (IIRC they're the same) just so you have the 'right' decal.

Like I said.........................just disassemble both saws until you're at the crankcase/piston/cylinder assembly, replace crank seals on the 'good' engine (might as well while you have it apart.............#530019051 for both sides), and then build an S25-CVA on the 'good' engine using the parts from the CVA.

Thanks for the info. I need to order air filters and stuff anyway, so I'll put some seals on the list too. I'll have to look at the jug on the 25CVA after everything is swapped to see if it's still good. I've picked up a few more things lately, don't know if you saw the thread.

I think I posted a pic of the S25DA when I got it, quite a few pages back. Here are the 25DA and S25CVA.
View attachment 302580

Thanks for the info. I need to order air filters and stuff anyway, so I'll put some seals on the list too. I'll have to look at the jug on the 25CVA after everything is swapped to see if it's still good. I've picked up a few more things lately, don't know if you saw the thread.

I think I posted a pic of the S25DA when I got it, quite a few pages back. Here are the 25DA and S25CVA.
View attachment 302580

I don't think those two jugs in the picture will interchange. The coil mounting is different from points to Cdi ignition systems

The 25DA in that picture has a good P/C and I got it running this morning. The S25DA I have(not pictured) runs but is missing some parts, so I'm planning to swap all of the CVA parts to the S25DA. :)

CAM00536_zps6301597a.jpg

CAM00537_zps2a315e5d.jpg

Ran my 'new' 4900 a bit today. It's a runner, but I'm going to replace the fuel lines and vent duckbill, rebuild the carb (+disable the governor), rehab the starter (clean/lube and new rope) and do a pres/vac test before I put it in the working fleet. Will replace the crank seals if it fails the test. It passed the 'tilt' test (no change in idle speed), but that's not good enough. 4-strokes when load is lifted in the cut. Starts, idles, and runs great. Still will kit the carb for peace of mind. Don't want anything to happen to that P/C.

This is the 28" b/c from my SXL-925W (down for a rebuild). I'll put the NOS Tsumura bar on later. That bar's still in my bedroom closet with a few other NOS bars. Also will get an HD spur from Poulan while they're still available as the 'regular' spur doesn't hang down enough to support the front of the saw with this full-wrap handlebar.

[video]http://s171.photobucket.com/user/Eccentric_photo/media/Poulan%20Chainsaws/CAM00538_zps0d6f5aba.mp4.html[/video]

CAM00536_zps6301597a.jpg

CAM00537_zps2a315e5d.jpg

Ran my 'new' 4900 a bit today. It's a runner, but I'm going to replace the fuel lines and vent duckbill, rebuild the carb (+disable the governor), rehab the starter (clean/lube and new rope) and do a pres/vac test before I put it in the working fleet. Will replace the crank seals if it fails the test. It passed the 'tilt' test (no change in idle speed), but that's not good enough. 4-strokes when load is lifted in the cut. Starts, idles, and runs great. Still will kit the carb for peace of mind. Don't want anything to happen to that P/C.

This is the 28" b/c from my SXL-925W (down for a rebuild). I'll put the NOS Tsumura bar on later. That bar's still in my bedroom closet with a few other NOS bars. Also will get an HD spur from Poulan while they're still available as the 'regular' spur doesn't hang down enough to support the front of the saw with this full-wrap handlebar.

[video]http://s171.photobucket.com/user/Eccentric_photo/media/Poulan%20Chainsaws/CAM00538_zps0d6f5aba.mp4.html[/video]

Nice Aaron. I never seen a 77cc version let alone touched one.

That's true. If his S25DA 'engine donor' is a points saw then he'd have to keep that ignition with that engine when building it as a CVA.

I don't know if the S25DA is points or electronic, never looked into it that far. It does have the newer style toggle switch for on/off.

Just for reference, it's not possible to do a complete swap from points to electronic on these..assuming one has all the parts?

Latest posts

Back