Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have craftsman 42/18 parts saw w/ decent p/c, is yours if u can use... can post pics if yer interested.

This saw has a chrome bore or an aluminium bore?I am looking for a chrome bore for my 2250.The aluminium i bought last year lasted only for a couple of tanks.:dizzy:

Did anyone here win the unidentified Pioneer/Partner P65 / Poulan Pro 655 (I think that's what it was) from feePay?

I was the third high bidder, I bid with thirty seconds left and had the high bid till the snip bids showed up, I would have bid more if I could tell for sure what it was. It could also be a p62 pioneer/partner. Oh well can't win em all.

I may know something about that one, missing the bar studs??????

This saw has a chrome bore or an aluminium bore?I am looking for a chrome bore for my 2250.The aluminium i bought last year lasted only for a couple of tanks.:dizzy:

If u have an aluminum piston I can see why your cylinder failed. Can't have two like materials. If u have an aluminum cylinder you need a chrome piston and vice versa.

This may sound insane, but does anyone have a 3300 P&C they're willing to part with....??

I just picked up the 2800 that was on ebay - if I can find a 3300 top end for it this'll be my 12th one. :msp_thumbup:

Nope no bare bore 3300 left extra. Only this chromed bore 335 cylinder. :hmm3grin2orange:

I believe it is. 44 mm piston. There are no markings at all on the saw that show the model number.
It looks like a plated piston and bare aluminum bore.
I dumped the gas out of it today. No oil in the gas. That's what happens when you lend saws out to those that have no business using one.

didn't take apart yet, just looked in ex port, piston is alum. my saws go out w/ operator, but lets not get into that one...

I have a Walbro WA 158 that happens to be attached to a new to me saw. It appears to have a governor on it (brass plug).
I understand that they richen the mixture past a certain RPM.
I have read that a number of you have defeated these. Is the reason something to do with poor running performance or so they can be tuned for high speed mixture?
I can't seem to get the the high speed mixture to where I can be sure I'm not running too lean.

That aint no Poulan carb is it? :hmm3grin2orange:

No biggie though. Disabling the governor only makes it easier to tune out of the wood. If your governor is working correctly there fine, just tune it in the wood and your good to go.

I really like this series of saw. I have about 9 or 10 of these between 3450, 3750, PP330, PP380. They run great, have a lot of torque and parts are reasonable.

Well if you fall into a extra 3750 or 380 sometime keep me in mind. I have not run across many of those.

I have some doubles and triples of a few things and might have something to trade for one...

That aint no Poulan carb is it? :hmm3grin2orange:

No biggie though. Disabling the governor only makes it easier to tune out of the wood. If your governor is working correctly there fine, just tune it in the wood and your good to go.

Nice catch there Mark. It is on one of the saws you really like though and I won't be keeping it. There are so many knowledgeable guys on this thread you can always count on a quick reliable answer the same day. Anyhow, it is running like a banshee after a fair bit of tinkering.

If u have an aluminum piston I can see why your cylinder failed. Can't have two like materials. If u have an aluminum cylinder you need a chrome piston and vice versa.

No,i bought the aluminium cylinder with the chrome plated piston.New seals,carb,filters,tuning ok but after a couple of tanks,it was starting to loose compression.I don't really want to get an aluminium cylinder again so i am looking for a chrome bore-aluminum piston now.

No,i bought the aluminium cylinder with the chrome plated piston.New seals,carb,filters,tuning ok but after a couple of tanks,it was starting to loose compression.I don't really want to get an aluminium cylinder again so i am looking for a chrome bore-aluminum piston now.

Something is wrong going on there. The aluminum cyls just don't lose compression after a couple tanks by themselves just because there unplated...

Latest posts

Back