Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Former Poulan Marketing Departments,

Thank you for the confusing names and numbers that you chose for some of your chainsaw models.

Sincerely,

I.M. Lost

This is funny right here, disparaging remarks on Poulan's marketing.

You realise we are talking about what might be the most produced model of chainsaw ever!

That leads me to believe the marketing dept was doing a alright job.

Acres site list the Micro XXV Deluxe at 38cc's and the MIcro XXV at 33cc's. There is no Super designation. There are errors on that Site, for sure and I guess we found another one.

Take every single piece of information on that site with a grain of salt. I tried to help Mike with some of his Poulan info.

Look at the listings for the 252,744 and 306sa.

I left the bar mount info for the 2 gear drives blank because as far as I know they were only Poulan bars and no direct Oregon replacements. Mike decided to fill in the blanks with info stating they used D176 bars on them. I contacted Mike to let him know that was wrong info and it needed changed.

Guess what, last I looked it was never changed. He'll when you get down to it there was never a company called "Poulan manufacturing company“ and that's where be has most of the Bieard Poulan saws listed under. Prior to that name the company was called Poulan chainsaw company.

Mike said he worked for Poulan in Canada years ago but it's clear he don't know a lot about them as a whole.

I know I want accurate info out there but I think I'm done helping him with his site if he is going to change my documented info with false info and then leave it that way even after the error it's pointed out.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you. The original Micro came with a 10" bar. The Micro Deluxe came with a 12" bar and the Micro Super Deluxe came with a 14" bar. No motor or displacement differences.

How about the Poulan Micro Super XXV with 16" b /c setup?

Super XXV.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have not contacted the guy, but there is a Poulan 86 on Nashville craigslist. Someone might be able to work a deal.

That's the ultra rare Poulan Micro Super Duper XXV. ;)

I was actually serious. Not incredibly well versed with these even though I have several. Just haven't seen one before and was wondering if it'd be worth adding to the collection as yet another variant of the line. Another 33cc version I presume?

I've just never seen one of these labeled as a Micro Super before until this one, bar or no bar. Not that I'm way all up into this little Poulan thing, but I've always seen em referred to as Super Micro's, not the other way around. Was jes wonderin', that's all...and still presuming 33cc's?

I explained it, trust me. I have documents that show this stuff!!!

I don't think 16" bar was ever offered on a 33cc Micro saw. The 16" bar was offered on the 38CC 2300 type saws.

Could still have been a dealer substitution/exchange at time of sale.............or of course a replacement bar sometime later.

In the Poulan sales and service manual i have it does show that the 16" bar was offered on the XXV Micro, it shows 10", 12, 14 and 16" was offered, with that being said maybe Poulan did not put them on the shelves with one. The bok i have lists at least 4 different Micro models. I can supply all part #'s for the bars as well.

In the Poulan sales and service manual i have it does show that the 16" bar was offered on the XXV Micro, it shows 10", 12, 14 and 16" was offered, with that being said maybe Poulan did not put them on the shelves with one. The bok i have lists at least 4 different Micro models. I can supply all part #'s for the bars as well.

You can never have enough documents, they changed with the years.

Latest posts

Back