Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is THE 450 auto, posted on the other site as well, piston skirt is scored from carbon but rings are free, she does run after cleaning and adjusting points and changing plug wire. Thorough cleaning as well

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422633788579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422633788579.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 14
Those screws were a Fillister head screw and it sure would be nice to find a place to get a supply of them reasonable. I wouldn't care if they were all 3" long and had to cut to fit as needed.

McMaster Carr lists Fillister head machine screws on there website. Not sure if they have all the sizes needed.

I've got a 3400 project that I got cheap that I'm fixing up to give to my Dad as a surprise. It' missing a muffler bolt and a top cover screw and needs some tuning but is in overall good shape
and should make a good saw for him.
The paint and stickers are all good except the previous owner spray painted the back handle yellow for some reason over the green. It's not a huge deal but does anyone know a way to
get the yellow paint off to expose the original green underneath or would I just have to take all the paint off and repaint it?

Try paint thinner and a scotch bright pad, otherwise just paint over it molar sublime green I a perfect match or key lime is close

Thanks I'll give that a shot and if not I'll try and pick up some paint. Here's a picture of it, I'm just kind of OCD about this stuff and want to give my Dad a good running saw and one that also looks decent.

20150130_120546.jpg

Those screws were a Fillister head screw and it sure would be nice to find a place to get a supply of them reasonable. I wouldn't care if they were all 3" long and had to cut to fit as needed.

McMaster Carr lists Fillister head machine screws on there website. Not sure if they have all the sizes needed.

Great tip. Thanks. They have a good selection at very reasonable prices.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=vp2vqn

Well I hope I won't need to paint it. I'd really just like to get most of the yellow paint off so it looks decent. Can't understand why anyone would want to paint of this beautiful green :)

I have used VHT brand spray paints for a variety of applications. They have specialty paints that have epoxy and ceramics and can be baked. They are tough when cured. Not a huge selection of colours but they make a really nice epoxy spray in black that has worked well on handles and such. I haven't followed them up with a clear, but with Tim's suggestion I would think you would be doing as well as you could out of a rattle can.

Been wanting to post this picture for a while, all three series pulleys 3400 3700 4000
7b504d098ebac2fe9f91c82784aea682.jpg

I've got a couple of the lower left metal lugged ones in some box o'**** trades, but why do they price them so high on fleeceBay? NLA?

i really think there are a lot of those around but folks hoard them so when they come around and someone is running a 4000 they need a back up. The 3700's I do not see very often. I also think there are tons of bow bars around but folks hoard them as well.

I'm writing you guys names down....In case I need a recoil for a 4000. :laugh: LOL Just Kidding!

I don't have any spares...but I do have 4- 4000's & a 375, so I can rob one if necessary.
I hope you guys started hording parts back a few years ago when they relativity cheap. Now days they are like gold nuggets.

Gregg,

Back