Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plastic poulan covers get distorted sometimes. Might be the reason why later on there was metal ones in red. ;)

You can also make covers from the older metal husky covers like the purple one shown here.

I was trying to show gaps on some and some dont. But old pic dont really show it.

Got any pics of the one you are talking about and how bad? Make sure you run the metal outer plates on the plastic covers.

manypoulansandchain007_zpsf7b717df.jpg

Got to love the gloves in the pic as well, we started off with S25DA cutting a small Locust that was much bigger once we walked up on it, than we switched to the PP365 and cut a Maple that twisted on me and pinched the bar in between the tree and stump (don't ask) than cut a small oak and than the one int he picture (20" +) with the 365 and than grabbed the 141A Wright and a 5200 to finish the tree off. Went to load it up and needed the 365 again to clear the trail and cut another nice oak up on the trail. What a day!!

The plastic poulan covers get distorted sometimes. Might be the reason why later on there was metal ones in red. ;)

You can also make covers from the older metal husky covers like the purple one shown here.

I was trying to show gaps on some and some dont. But old pic dont really show it.

Got any pics of the one you are talking about and how bad? Make sure you run the metal outer plates on the plastic covers.

manypoulansandchain007_zpsf7b717df.jpg

Here are pics of my cover. One on the saw and one showing the inside. It was cracked and I used some JB Weld. However it just doesn't look right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 13
Here are pics of my cover. One on the saw and one showing the inside. It was cracked and I used some JB Weld. However it just doesn't look right.

Put the bar on there then see.

Also ground down everything even under there. Metal inserts etc.

You need outer metal plate bad after doing the above. That thing is worn and distorted pretty good.

What a night. As most know I bought a truck. 84 gmc sierra 3500. Had some issues with seller but got truck today. Plow was supposed to be off and in bed, wasn't. That just added to my frustration. So drive it from the ghetto in a $#!+ area of boston back to worcester. 50 miles. Half way home truck backfires and dies on mass turnpike. Have no power battery is dead. Isolate it to loose alternator connection. Pop in spare battery fires up. We get 1/2 mile down road truck running bad. No power. Isolate it to bad fuel filter. Got truck to the garage at work pull filter. Try again seems fixed problem. Still have issues on electrical side as the PO hacked in plow and sander harness. Just got home. Left to get truck at 330. Good news is the 4bbl 350 runs strong. Trans seems good

Back