Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talkin about that kind of weather makes me think you somewhere near me down here in the Carolinas. Haha

I've heard it all kinds of different ways too, and that mess just rubs me some kind of way. Haha. Sometimes I just show'em this...

Poulan Chainsaws Commercial (1978):

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Wonder how many folks call em Polan or Pulan. I've heard Poulan pronounced two different ways, I guess its what part of the country yer from. Here in the South its Polan.

Sent from my Prism II from T-Mobile, Steve

Being Canadian and having a significant french presence here, we find it strange that french names in the US have all been anglicized. Poulan is french and would be pronounced as Poo-lan.
Having said that, it's their name and they can pronounce it "Great chainsaws before the Swedes bought us and turned into homeowner market saws" for all I care.

I told my 3 year old grandson it's pronounced Polan and he does that. I seem to have a hell of a time doing that myself (and I can't speak much French).

I have however, learned that F O is pretty universal and generally pronounced correctly. Usually as Stihl.

55°, bring it on, that's a cold snap. :).
Me being in Georgia, its Polan, Southern French. Never knew it was French. Us older folks Stihl learn something new now and then.

Didn't get the picture til this morning, that is nice. Had a twenty year old ECHO trimmer til it died, my bro has a old JD/Echo blower that's still going. I got one Echo left, CS-400 chainsaw that's 5 years old and still going strong. Get that carb set after a gallon of gas, they come set lean.

Been using a hand me down old electric leaf blower for the last several years. Man I hate cords and have been wanting a gas blower for quite a while.
So that's what my awesome wife got me for father's day:) Not a Poulan but very nice!

View attachment 432093

Nice! The pro lawn & landscaping crews around here run mostly Echo line trimmers & blowers. My Echo GT 1100 was the best $149.00 I ever spent.

Well, I screwed up an excellent condition 3400 cylinder. Picked up a 3400 cheap and planned to flip it. However I dropped the saw on my garage floor and busted three fins. Anyone have a good cylinder they are willing to part with? Real stupid move.
Bob

I downloaded that here awhile back ago and that didn't help, if the needle valve fulcrum lever its set correctly, at or below level, wont run, no mid to high speed. If set way low it has mid but still no top end. Same problem I was having before a complete rebuild. Hate to buy a new carb, around $50 to $60 bucks.

Latest posts

Back