Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think it has to do anything with being cool enough to help you, at least for me I don't know much about bar mount numbers but know lots about other stuff. That's the thing with the Poulan thread, lots of friendly knowledgeable guys willing to help out, sometimes you just have to wait for the right one with the right knowledge to come along. :cheers:
Oh I know what ur saying. I know a lil. I know enough to know it ain't much. I know I can build a strong saw. I don't know part #s, or sizes of bars.
Your name Nate? Blk05crew

Oh I know what ur saying. I know a lil. I know enough to know it ain't much. I know I can build a strong saw. I don't know part #s, or sizes of bars.
Your name Nate? Blk05crew

Yep, Nate. Just hang around here long enough and be patient and you'll learn tons! I've gained so much knowledge here in a couple years from these guys.

Me too. They call me Big Nate, cause I'm 6'6" 290lb.
Man the things I have picked up on here have really stepped up my game. Been here a month or so is all. I just read a lot of threads.

Me too. They call me Big Nate, cause I'm 6'6" 290lb.
Man the things I have picked up on here have really stepped up my game. Been here a month or so is all. I just read a lot of threads.
Lol valley said would love to see me up a tree. Sasquatch no climb trees, that's for squerlls n monkeys. Lol

Quoting for effect because I can't like it 10 times.

Brian
We get ur point. We all want to live in the woods. At least I do. 1/4 to a 1/2 mile away from anything or anybody. Lol I want to be able to pee off my front porch if I want to.lol

We get ur point. We all want to live in the woods. At least I do. 1/4 to a 1/2 mile away from anything or anybody. Lol I want to be able to pee off my front porch if I want to.lol
Exactly, I am on 118 acres, farms all around. Closest neighbors 1/8 mile only around on weekends.

Brian

So I finally get around to dropping off the P3316 I adjusted the carb on for a fellow. "Runs like it should now," as I go over with him what all I did. I pumped the primer, fired it on one pull and.... it face plants instantly on the throttle. Not good.

Hard to get anything to run when you've emptied the fuel tank making test cuts. He only uses the saw once or twice a year so at least I could extol the benefit of long-term dry storage. Thankfully, I remembered to shine the plastic up.

We both had a chuckle.

Some of tad may recall the issues I was having with my 375. After new seals, carb builds, rings, lines, etc it would idle but would big down. Turned out the vent line was linked. Duh!
Now it runs like a scalded dog but is the hardest starter I have. I always have to prime the carb to get it going. While that works it is a pain. Anyone got any ideas on what's up?

Someone say 3500?
1d07a2f8f724cdaed3c42b10bc06b325.jpg

37d519fb6da25955aeeafde8f1a9dde8.jpg

New to me. Got it on the cheap.
Only thing I see missing are inner/outer bar plates.
Time to source a proper bar/chain for it.

That thing is sweet did u make it or buy it? Someone is trying to get my saw im bidding on. I'm at my limit.
Well I pressure washed a big house today, then fabricated a burnner for a gas grill. Needless to say. I'm wore slam out. If he gets my saw, he can have it. I'm going to bed!

Last year I sold one of my 3700's to some guy I met at the local Stihl dealer. This guy knows almost nothing so he's always calling me for help. This week he dropped off saw saying it wouldn't start, which it wouldn't. Pulled carb and found a dried white substance in the metering side. Only guess is that it was condensation or water. In process of USCing it. Decided to check compression and was surprised to see 180. Did a pressure/vac test and vac test failed. on a hunch I replaced the clutch side seal. Will recheck today. Question: while pressure /vac testing the fuel tank I noticed that when releasing pressure a little fuel sucked back up the pressure pump line. Tank was empty. MIght this indicate a blocked filter? IN hindsight I should have sold him one of my other 3700's and kept this one. Wonder if I switched P& C's the guy would know? Kidding of course.

Well I pressure washed a big house today, then fabricated a burnner for a gas grill. Needless to say. I'm wore slam out. If he gets my saw, he can have it. I'm going to bed!

There will be many more where that one came from, no worries

Last year I sold one of my 3700's to some guy I met at the local Stihl dealer. This guy knows almost nothing so he's always calling me for help. This week he dropped off saw saying it wouldn't start, which it wouldn't. Pulled carb and found a dried white substance in the metering side. Only guess is that it was condensation or water. In process of USCing it. Decided to check compression and was surprised to see 180. Did a pressure/vac test and vac test failed. on a hunch I replaced the clutch side seal. Will recheck today. Question: while pressure /vac testing the fuel tank I noticed that when releasing pressure a little fuel sucked back up the pressure pump line. Tank was empty. MIght this indicate a blocked filter? IN hindsight I should have sold him one of my other 3700's and kept this one. Wonder if I switched P& C's the guy would know? Kidding of course.

The guy probably would not care if you traded him a running saw for his non running saw, just sayin.

Latest posts

Back