Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Some things are stubborn. I usually give the case a few gentle taps with a rubber mallet. There are two dowels so you need to work it off squarely.
If you didn't have the fuel tank out, that can cause it to stick. The Fuel tank can be stuck in there pretty good at times. Don't pull too hard on the tank filler neck when pulling it out.

I seal mine up with Motoseal and leave it overnight.

I bet the dowels are what kept it together. Fuel tank was out. Seal is probably good.

I put the motoseal on about 8:15am this morning. Did the test at about 7:00pm this evening. First base gasket delete. I will go over it with windex and see what I find. My first rebuild had a bad, new intake adaptor gasket that wouldn't seal. That made me happy.

I found a leak. Wait for it, IT'S THE INTAKE BLOCK GASKET!!! Again! This happened on my Shindaiwa T-25, I should stop ordering new gasket and just cut my own out of Felpro. They work. I specifically put the intake block on the cylinder before putting the cylinder on because I wasn't sure I could get the intake block on with the cylinder on. :dumb2::dumb2::crazy2:

Where do you guys find all the 5.2 cubic inch poulans? Those are all awesome. I searched for like 4 years to find the 5200 i landed. Course i guess illinois doesnt have huge wood like some

So, I loosened the carb intake block and slid the gasket out. Cut a new gakset out of a roll of gasket material I had. That has seemed to fix the intake issue and allowed me to isolate what a I believe is an other leak. Seem that I didn't get one of the cylinder bolts tight as it could go, so I believe I see a leak around the base of the cylinder. It is losing about 2 psi vac and pressure per 60 seconds. If it were a single psi per 60 seconds, I might let it pass but this I am not sure about. What do you y'all think?

So, I loosened the carb intake block and slid the gasket out. Cut a new gakset out of a roll of gasket material I had. That has seemed to fix the intake issue and allowed me to isolate what a I believe is an other leak. Seem that I didn't get one of the cylinder bolts tight as it could go, so I believe I see a leak around the base of the cylinder. It is losing about 2 psi vac and pressure per 60 seconds. If it were a single psi per 60 seconds, I might let it pass but this I am not sure about. What do you y'all think?

I think you should fix it. I would not be satisfied with that myself, the better that crankcase is sealed the better these saws will run.

I saw your Poulan 3700 listed on fleaBay yesterday, I might have to give it a kickstart bid to get it going down the road....
Yea, so far bid are few and far in-between. Somewhat surprised as I thought there would be more bid s. The 025 has a lot more bids. Guess it's the Stihl name.

I found a leak. Wait for it, IT'S THE INTAKE BLOCK GASKET!!! Again! This happened on my Shindaiwa T-25, I should stop ordering new gasket and just cut my own out of Felpro. They work. I specifically put the intake block on the cylinder before putting the earliercylinder on because I wasn't sure I could get the intake block on with the cylinder on. :dumb2::dumb2::crazy2:
I saw ur E earlier post. Only way to be sure intake adaptor is fixed is to pull the cylinder and reinstall the carb adaptor and the gasket. That way you know it's tight.

I think you should fix it. I would not be satisfied with that myself, the better that crankcase is sealed the better these saws will run.

I saw ur E earlier post. Only way to be sure intake adaptor is fixed is to pull the cylinder and reinstall the carb adaptor and the gasket. That way you know it's tight.

Ok, once I reseal the case, I will know where not to look for a leak. When splitting, can I give the crank a couple of whacks with a rubber mallet to get it started? Any other tips are greatly appreciated! About the motoseal, I leave it unassembled for a minute then put it together right? Should I torque the screws right away?

Back