Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the saw worth? He offered to give me my money back, but would it be worth 20? Then i have some breathing room for parts. I still need to pull the muffler off and look how clean the piston is.

Pull the muffler and check piston, if it looks good, get a case and build it. That what I'm trying to do with my resent 5200 I just acquired. Another member put me on to a 4200 on eBay and trying to get it and build my 5200 back to its glory. Of I get that 4200 I'll be tickled pink.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

What is the saw worth? He offered to give me my money back, but would it be worth 20? Then i have some breathing room for parts. I still need to pull the muffler off and look how clean the piston is.

It's not worth $60. I'd take the refund and not look back. I would look forward to finding another one in better condition and put your money to much better use. But that's just me.

If the P&C are good I would take Bob up on his offer of the case if you can get the saw for $20 or $30.

Check the filler neck on the fuel tank as well to make sure it isn't cracked.

They are easy saws to work on and it would be a good experience for you.

If the P&C are good I would take Bob up on his offer of the case if you can get the saw for $20 or $30.

Check the filler neck on the fuel tank as well to make sure it isn't cracked.

They are easy saws to work on and it would be a good experience for you.

I took the tank out and tested it, no leaks while shaking it while full. Its plastic so thankfully it cant rot out like some other saws can.

Just so you know, a lot of people, myself included, had a hand putting that list together. It does not orginate from that site.

Chris B.

Thanks to you and everyone else for all that work. Great resource. Here it is as a PDF for easy reference. May mess with it later to tighten up the formatting a bit. Just went from web to txt. to pdf. Pretty basic but at least has pages now. Be nice to have the web links highlighted and functional, etc., as a PDF.

Attachments

• Bearings and Seals.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 22
Yep Aaron saved that info to my site from Saw Hawgs in 2106 when it was being rebooted. Before it was lost.
I took what he saved and made it public for others to use.
Where it came from originally no clue. But links he saved was from SH's.

author=Eccentric link=topic=5926.msg71860#msg71860 date=1463254593]
Looks like SH may be rebooting, with possible loss of PM's/posts/etc. Don't want to loose this, so I'm saving it here if you don't mind Kevin.

Thanks to you and everyone else for all that work. Great resource. Here it is as a PDF for easy reference. May mess with it later to tighten up the formatting a bit. Just went from web to txt. to pdf. Pretty basic but at least has pages now. Be nice to have the web links highlighted and functional, etc., as a PDF.

I don't want to overstate my contribution. It is relatively minor. A couple of other forum members spring to mind.

Back