Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of a replacement oil pump seal at the crankshaft on a 5200?

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Not that I'm aware of. I never had a need to figure one out yet, as I think I still have a few OEM's left. Now might be a good time to investigate a replacement for them. Dichtomatik would probably be a good place to start looking for one as they seem to have a line on the thin seals. I'll try to look them up soon too as I think I only have a couple left.

I use OEM unless I have to use another source
It looks different to me if it fits ID and OD might work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everywhere I look that's number they give for the SKF. Outside dimensions fit perfect in the case the inside dimensions is snug on the shaft but the lip for the dust seal that's perfect.

My neighbor needed an emergency saw so I was going to give him my Poulan 2000 because it's in good shape and runs nice. Until today.

It would rev and cut fine but once she idled down it would die unless you burped the throttle. Adjusting low speed and idle did very little. Pulled out the low jet and sprayed carb cleaner through it and then it would barely run at all. Whatever was plugging things up must have pushed further in when I sprayed the carb cleaner.

I'll disassemble it and give it a good cleaning tomorrow. Carb kit en route. Gotta love Amazon prime.

Here's what the seal looks like on the crank.
7523c94885c929c7f1f249d73d2c3489.jpg
af1c0ccaf4664aa10b2bdc76db82ddcb.jpg
bc14d5d18e9ef6382a4b01a09614c72d.jpg
6a08a9f5b5fec5e26d52a4445dc94c27.jpg
ac057591935a25ba07a9d90e97af4233.jpg

Latest posts

Back