Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been following the Poulan thread figured it was time to join inView attachment 826367View attachment 826368View attachment 826370. Have been helping a friend clean up a large tree that fell on his property all the big stuff is cut so grabbed my 305 pro to finish up. I got the saw from a old shop that was cleaning up there warehouse this saw had a bad piston. I bought a poulan 3000 parts saw off ebay from a seller named ladybug which I'm sure some of you know (had a lot of saws ) Lots of good parts off that saw piston and ring were perfect also used the clutch cover/w chainbrake. Short story saw ran and cut great. This series Poulans are very nice besides the 305 pro have a smaller 2.8 46cc and a handful of the 3.3 saws. Here's a couple pictures of the 305 Pro cleaned it up and put new fuel lines on
That one looks great!

Havn't been on here in a long while. Was sadden by the news of Niks passing yesterday. I think Nik was the very first person I ever talked to here on ArboristSite. A nicer fella won't be found. Got to meet up with him at many GTG's over the years. Was at his urging that we had are first Poulan GTG. Will cherish those times for sure. I'll just add a pic of me and Nik together with are 4000's that we had a love for.

DSCF0003.JPG.jpg

Gregg,

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG.jpg
    DSCF0003.JPG.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8
Havn't been on here in a long while. Was sadden by the news of Niks passing yesterday. I think Nik was the very first person I ever talked to here on ArboristSite. A nicer fella won't be found. Got to meet up with him at many GTG's over the years. Was at his urging that we had are first Poulan GTG. Will cherish those times for sure. I'll just add a pic of me and Nik together with are 4000's that we had a love for.

View attachment 826639

Gregg,

I believe the saw that Nik is holding is the one I still have with the blued bar.

I believe the saw that Nik is holding is the one I still have with the blued bar.
The story of that saw, is the story of Nik himself in a nutshell.
I don't recall all the particulars, maybe Marko can fill in some of the details.
He built that saw and absolutely loved it. But some tragedy struck the people of Serbia and there was a relief effort founded to help them.
When Nik learned of the need he put his beloved Poulan up for sale along with some other things.
I asked him why and he said, "I love that saw but I'm a city dweller. I don't heat my home with wood and really don't NEED it, but those people NEED what little I can sell it for so the greater need is the important thing".
THAT is who Nik Tesla was!

Mike

View attachment 826639

Gregg,

Nice to see you on Gregg! I hope you're keeping well

The story of that saw, is the story of Nik himself in a nutshell.
I don't recall all the particulars, maybe Marko can fill in some of the details.
He built that saw and absolutely loved it. But some tragedy struck the people of Serbia and there was a relief effort founded to help them.
When Nik learned of the need he put his beloved Poulan up for sale along with some other things.
I asked him why and he said, "I love that saw but I'm a city dweller. I don't heat my home with wood and really don't NEED it, but those people NEED what little I can sell it for so the greater need is the important thing".
THAT is who Nik Tesla was!

Mike

At the time he was selling off his saws I did not know it was for Serbia. I thought it was for a charity that was very dear to him. I did not ask him a lot of questions about it. I know at the time he was very thankful to me that I bought the saw. I think he said it was ported by Brad Snelling.
Good to see you here Mike.

Nice to see you on Gregg! I hope you're keeping well
Hi and thanks Tim... Good to see some of the old Poulan gang on here again. Just sucks, the reason, with passing of Nik. I'm still going and run a saw once in a while. It seems I been using a Poulan 3000 alot lately, instead of a 5200. Funny what age does to your saw selection. Was telling Mike, this stay at home, quarantine crap, hasnt affected me to much. Thats what I do anyway. Hope all is well with you.

Gregg,

Hi and thanks Tim... Good to see some of the old Poulan gang on here again. Just sucks, the reason, with passing of Nik. I'm still going and run a saw once in a while. It seems I been using a Poulan 3000 alot lately, instead of a 5200. Funny what age does to your saw selection. Was telling Mike, this stay at home, quarantine crap, hasnt affected me to much. Thats what I do anyway. Hope all is well with you.

Gregg,

It is funny you say that about the quarantine stuff going on Gregg. Here in Wyoming there is a saying that we invented social distancing. As far as age I will hit 70 this year. I have already gone past the age that my Dad had lived. Good to see you here again.

Gregg,
Weight does become an issue over time. I know exactly what you mean. All is well here. Going a little stir crazy and getting fed up with it. I doesn't seem the right hand doesn't knows what the left is doing with all the misinformation.

No GTG's this spring. I'm missing that. Yours in 2013 was the first I attended. Had a great time. Thanks for that. Still looking for a 305 or a 3000. They are scarce here.

It is funny you say that about the quarantine stuff going on Gregg. Here in Wyoming there is a saying that we invented social distancing. As far as age I will hit 70 this year. I have already gone past the age that my Dad had lived. Good to see you here again.
Wyoming seems to be the place to be in these times Roger. Ya got me by a few years, I am going on 67. My dad lived to 73. Hope to beat that by a bunch. LOL Just gonna keep running saws till I can't, I guess.;)

Wyoming seems to be the place to be in these times Roger. Ya got me by a few years, I am going on 67. My dad lived to 73. Hope to beat that by a bunch. LOL Just gonna keep running saws till I can't, I guess.;)

Yep me too. I am still going up to the mountains with my Poulans cutting down beetle kill for firewood. Will do it for as long as I can.
I guess that is one reason I like the 365, 3750,335, and 3450 so well. They are perfect for that lodge pole up there.
When I go with the BIL he likes to get the big spruce and that is when I will take the 475 and 505 along.

Weight does become an issue over time. I know exactly what you mean. All is well here. Going a little stir crazy and getting fed up with it. I doesn't seem the right hand doesn't knows what the left is doing with all the misinformation.

No GTG's this spring. I'm missing that. Yours in 2013 was the first I attended. Had a great time. Thanks for that. Still looking for a 305 or a 3000. They are scarce here.
Tim, Hope ya can find one. I have been pleasantly surprised by the 3000. Had some logging done here last summer. So I have many, many tops to cut on. The light weight powerful, i think 50cc, saw is ideal for that. Im so used to cutting long straight, some what large logs for firewood. A saw like a 4000 or bigger is ideal for that kind of work. I think it was the last "new to me saw" that i got. I gave it a muffler mod, so its a little louder than normal, but not bad.
Poulan3000 003.jpg
Gregg,

I have never bought a 3000 or a 305 either.

Glad to hear from some you guys, miss hearing from y'all. I too hate the circumstances. Just glad too hear y'all are still around.

Steve Sidwell
Steve, I havnt been on here for a long time. I think back number years ago a lot of folks started going to different sites. Was a pain, at least to me, to keep track of all the sites and who was on where, that I just lost interest, sadly. I haven't been resurrecting any saws either. Lost interest in that also, plus lack of money. LOL I guess BS is cheep though. Maybe I'll check in here more often again.
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back