Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skeet88

skeet88

ArboristSite Guru
1979 3400 and 1987 craftsman 3800 score this week.No need in repair,they both run well.Replaced the fuel line on the 3800.Replaced nothing on the 1979. 40 bucks for the 3400 with a 16 inch bar and new chain.I almost feel guilty.
Not familiar with those models.What engine size are they?Great score by the way.

9050lx

9050lx

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Not familiar with those models.What engine size are they?Great score by the way.
Poulan Countervibes. Impressed by the reliability of these saws.Don't understand why they're not more valuable. I keep looking for part saws except almost always they need minimal attention and become runners.Edit: 56 and 61cc.

skeet88

skeet88

ArboristSite Guru
Poulan Countervibes. Impressed by the reliability of these saws.Don't understand why they're not more valuable. I keep looking for part saws except almost always they need minimal attention and become runners.
Those are the best finds!I will keep this in mind if I run across any.

Jethro 2t sniffer

Jethro 2t sniffer

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm supposed to get an air filter for my 4000 I bought a while back. Should be here tomorrow. An awesome fella on here tipped me off that it was on feepay. Can't wait to run it.
They go well. Had mine out on Saturday was cool to compare it to the 162se I just got. The 4000 has a lot more mid range power it's a grunt box. The 162 has a tad more chain speed but falls on its face especially with the aggressive 20 inch that was on the 4000. Can really drop the rakers on the old Poulan

bob kern

bob kern

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
They go well. Had mine out on Saturday was cool to compare it to the 162se I just got. The 4000 has a lot more mid range power it's a grunt box. The 162 has a tad more chain speed but falls on its face especially with the aggressive 20 inch that was on the 4000. Can really drop the rakers on the old Poulan
Never ran that era of poulan. Have a 361 and love it tho. Got the 306 a the other day. It will be on the bench soon too I hope.

edju1958

edju1958

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Hi fellas,I bought a 3400 back a few months ago & it didn't take much to get it running.Anyway,it oiled nicely when I test ran it,so a couple of weeks ago I took it out to cut some downed cherry & neither oiler works.I've filled it to the very top with oil & get nothing.Can anyone tell me what happened & how to fix it?

edju1958

edju1958

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Take the pump out and send it to me and I'll fix it. If I was better at texting I could tell you how but I'm not. I have made a machine that I test them
Normally the manual & automatic oilers are 2 separate entities where they work independently of each other.I'm new to Poulans,you'll have to tell me how to take the pump out.If it were a Mac or Homie I could take the pump out without a problem.

Todd Loosli

Todd Loosli

One to many saws, never
. AS Supporting Member.
There are 4 screws on the pump cover. Do not remove the center top screw, the one closest to the crank it only holds the cover on the pump remove the other 3 and the pump will be free except for the input line. As you pull the pump out there are 2 lines. The one that has the spring around it is the oil pickup line and will come out easy. The other line has a fitting that needs to be removed, 1/4" wrench is size. It is the line that feeds the bar. Be careful with them and do not take the spring covered line off.