Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drill hole run regular 3x5 echo fuel line. Runs after carb rebuild.

When my long curved forceps cant reach the angle cut line at top. I do this.

Oil pump shows air bubbles and not oiling great for a light use saw. So get to fix that common problem on these. I got a word I want use here since they have a cult like following I wont say it.

p295mccc.jpgp295mcccc.jpgp295mccccc.jpg

I've learned to grab clutch covers when I see them and know hard to find. Even parts hard to find I noticed.

I had a used one that was abused. Gave it to local on a parts saw. Wish I had it back for parts now.

Now this NOS one.

Cover came Poulan 325 aka partner 5500 saws in US. I figure later run when had to put chain brake on them.

Then the old school ones like I was used to on my 2 325.

p325cxxxxxxxx.jpgp325cxxxxx.jpgp325cxxxxxxxxxxx.jpgp325cxxxxxxxxx.jpgp325cx.jpgp325ccc.jpg

I've got a 3816,not really a Poulan IMO as it was made by Husky,but anyway I haven't gone through it yet.The saw came from my local hardware store & the owner said they couldn't get it started.What is the correct spark plug for it?

I went through the 3816 this a.m.& found that it has no spark even after disconnecting the switch wire & trying a new plug.I'd have to say the ignition module is bad.Isn't that kinda odd for a brand new saw?The saw has been sitting for a number of yrs.

Then my SIL came by with a 4620 from hell.Apparently it'd fallen off a truck or been dropped out of a tree & then was left on the side of the road for dead in it's carrying case.My SIL likes to pick up all kinds of junk on the roadside.Anyway,he brought the saw over to have me "look at it".It's missing screws that hold the AV springs in place,so the handle wobbles all over,the fuel line in the tank is disintegrated,the chain brake has the tensioner popping through,it leaks bar oil all over the carry case.On a good note,it fired on a prime & has a good recoil & bar & chain.I pretty much told him the saw wasn't worth fixing,but he's pretty adamant for me to fix it.Of course my labor is worth nothing.Surprisingly,I looked on eBay & found chain brakes for it all over the place for under $25.The thing that concerns me the most is the possibility that the oil tank is cracked.

Just look around it. You can find oil tank cracks pretty easy. Fill up and watch it flow. I tried to seal this one to slow down the flow.
46cc one too. Came to me like this.

Parted out once needed carb kit this year instead of putting in new case. Wasnt worth my time IMO to swap.

p2750rnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnnn.jpgp2750rnnnnnnnn.jpg

Well I finally figured the little bugger out (3816).It was all in the switch.Either the switch wasn't made properly or someone got ham fisted with the switch.The switch was constantly in the off position & the choke which is supposed to work in unison with the switch wasn't working either.I had to pull the switch apart & bend a piece of spring steel which was supposed to come in contact with the kill wire.The spring steel was not bent properly & a person couldn't move the switch up or down.It took me about 1 1/2 hrs.of fiddling with the switch to get it to work properly & in uinison with the choke.I didn't have time to fire it up todasy,but I checked to make sure it had spark when in the ON position,& no spark when in the OFF position.In theory it should fire up later.This is a brand new saw.I don't know when they came out,but the owner said he's had it for around 10 yrs..

That NOS 3.3 I got awhile back on a trade had a bad on/off metal switch from factory. Wasnt put together right. Can see the section not attached.

Put new lines, a switch and traded it off again. After a few tanks.

Just because new dont mean it was done right.

Seen 3450 saws with piston backwards. New husky 390 395 saws come sometimes in past with piston backwards.

c33NOSzz.jpgc33nosliness.jpg

Poulan 655 BP NOS set.

EMAB. Later production. Much better quality.

507…. That means it was after they merged with partner when that cylinder was built.

Gil cylinder and K&S piston

BP Boost Port

Attachments

• p655nosbox.jpg
    p655nosbox.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • p655nossssss.jpg
    p655nossssss.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 0
  • p655nosssss.jpg
    p655nosssss.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0