Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!!!! uggg!!

I know the differences !!! i have both kinds!!!! I ment you said a 25da clone???? that would be the model like i just bought from joe 25 to me its exacly the same saw??? its just a craftsman you didnt say micro you said 25da clone....i understand the diffrernces in all the above saws !!! i was asking if the poulan version of the 25sda 38 cc saw was some how more tough then the the clones you know the craftsman saws that look alike hence "clone" where as the micros 1.8 saws 2.0 and 2.3 micros are different i have both . its pretty easy to compare those saws you misenterperated my question !!!! its cool I really dont see a difference in the saws so lets just drop it ok???

I finally had a chance to cut with my Craftsman 3.4 (Poulan 3400) today.

What a monster! (Compared of course to my old Homelite and my Makita saws - Don't have experience with anything bigger, except an 028 I used a couple times).

This saw is definitely as good as any I've used. I am still running a lot of oil in the mix (14:1 with 89 Octane) but the thing still screams.

Once I run something like 20:1 and do that muffler mod, I'm sure it will be a real demon.

The only dumb thing about today: Trying to cut through a gnarly stump (Birch). Dulled the chain real quick. Didn't hit the ground or anything, but it was below where the tree was twinned.

Guessing this wasn't a smart idea, and that the sucker needs to be pulled.

This is why I am a greenhorn. Being a carpenter and woodworker doesn't mean I know much about felling trees apparently.

:jester:

I know the differences !!! i have both kinds!!!! I ment you said a 25da clone???? that would be the model like i just bought from joe 25 to me its exacly the same saw??? its just a craftsman you didnt say micro you said 25da clone....i understand the diffrernces in all the above saws !!! i was asking if the poulan version of the 25sda 38 cc saw was some how more tough then the the clones you know the craftsman saws that look alike hence "clone" where as the micros 1.8 saws 2.0 and 2.3 micros are different i have both . its pretty easy to compare those saws you misenterperated my question !!!! its cool I really dont see a difference in the saws so lets just drop it ok???

Cool your jets , man! You're exhuded neagtive vibes There no differance between the Poulan and Craftsman saws of the same genre. The Craftsman equivelant (don't know 358. number) of the S25DA is the same saw as the Poulan. Same for the Countervibe 3400's and 3700's.

I finally had a chance to cut with my Craftsman 3.4 (Poulan 3400) today.

What a monster! (Compared of course to my old Homelite and my Makita saws - Don't have experience with anything bigger, except an 028 I used a couple times).

This saw is definitely as good as any I've used. I am still running a lot of oil in the mix (14:1 with 89 Octane) but the thing still screams.

Once I run something like 20:1 and do that muffler mod, I'm sure it will be a real demon.

The only dumb thing about today: Trying to cut through a gnarly stump (Birch). Dulled the chain real quick. Didn't hit the ground or anything, but it was below where the tree was twinned.

Guessing this wasn't a smart idea, and that the sucker needs to be pulled.

This is why I am a greenhorn. Being a carpenter and woodworker doesn't mean I know much about felling trees apparently.

:jester:

I'd dilute your oil/gas mix. You won't have any issues going to 40/1 if you use a good fully synthetic oil. I doubt anyone uses the old suggested 16/1 ratio today. Todays oils are much better than the oils from the 70's and 80's. I garee the 3400 is a great saw. A little heavy by todays standards but what the heck.
Bob

I finished the paint job on my 5200. More pics can be found HERE.

1151714728_jMGvT-M.jpg

Calm down there a bit dude!!!
I'm sorry if there was a miscommunication, but I answered the question that you asked! (And went to considerable trouble taking pics in the 14 degree cold and downloading them to the host and then to A.S.)

Now if you asked the wrong question, I can't help that.
Apparently you wanted to know if there were any differences in the Poulan S25s and the Poulan S25s that were rebadged for Sears as Craftsmans.
The answer to THAT question is basically no.
Although Poulan often made small changes to the saws they rebadged, the Craftsman version will essentially be the same.

Mike

Thats partly my fault Mike. Paul is a good guy and somewhat new to the Poulans and the saw in question was my red/black 2.3 i sent him. And yes Paul that saw is an S25DA solid state clone. Not a Micro there

Saw looks great Brad! Looks like we now have another alternate paint choice.:)
What color does Ace call that? We have one of those Mastersons Ace Hardware stores near by. Just might have to check to see if they have it.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Ace Hardware paint? Need to know color as well. Is it two part or rattle can?
BTW, good looking job, Brad.

Spacers for HUsqvarna Large mount bars

In lieu of the S shaped spacers, what can be used as an alternative? This would be for the 3400, 4000 saws using Oregon D176 mount, which I believe is 8.5 mm.
Bob

Seen people grind washers the right size for the stud off flat equally on each side. I've used springs that fit over the stud that were the fit I needed. Rewind spring works pretty well also, but thats like the s type spacers that seem to spook you so maybe I shouldn't mentioned them.

Seen people grind washers the right size for the stud off flat equally on each side. I've used springs that fit over the stud that were the fit I needed. Rewind spring works pretty well also, but thats like the s type spacers that seem to spook you so maybe I shouldn't mentioned them.

No, the S spacers don't spook me, I just don't have any!
Bob

In lieu of the S shaped spacers, what can be used as an alternative? This would be for the 3400, 4000 saws using Oregon D176 mount, which I believe is 8.5 mm.
Bob

The D176 mount is actually 8mm, the 041 and 095 mounts are 8.2mm.

Latest posts

Back