Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on a Poulan/Dayton for my buddies father in law. Gonna replace fuel lines, filter, rebuild the carb and new airfilter. Along with a new chain. I will post pics tomorrow of it.

Mark dont hate on me to much :)

Be truthfull, dont start no trouble and there won't be any. :ices_rofl:

Don't come whining around here about how hard parts are to find for it either.

Mark does that mean when my red dolmar 144 arrives that I can post it in here??? This 5500 must be a good one if all you poulan guys approve. I hope a handle arrives soon so I can run it at the NYCSM GTG in a few weeks.

Nope we only accept the lime green Dolmars. Like I said its about the part of the history, not if there any good or not. (I know they are)

I wonder if your Craftsman 3.0 isn't a clone of the Poulan 3000?

Bob, I "think" the Craftsman 3.0 was cheapened up with a unplated bore while the 3000 had a chrome bore.

A buddy in work gave me his 2002 Wild Thing 2375 to repair, he said it hasn't run in about 6 years, I checked it out, fuel lines are hammered, purge bulb is shot, carb is varnishy, air filter is done. On top of that he asked me if I can do some of that special stuff I was talking about a while back ;) So It's gonna get muff modded, not sure I will pull the jug and port it, get him a 91VXL chain and I think it'll suit him fine. He has 4 Wild Things, he said he bought so many because they broke easily and just didn't run good for long, so he was using them on rotating basis, Lol. I told him if he'd of taken them to a shop, or me when he bought them, it would of made life much easier, so I have it now in a non running state.

pp 335

Any one know if the intake boots for the PP 330 (or any in that line) will fit the PP335. I have checked a couple sources and they show as NLA. The saw Im doing now appears to have a solid boot, but I havent tested it yet. The other saw I dont even know. I know I found a boot for my 2.8 Craftsman last year on searspartsdirect.com.

I can't answer that question but I can tell you how to repair the one you have if it is still all in one piece. 45 years ago we used to race home built slot cars. We found that they would go a lot faster if we could coat the sponge rubber tires with silicone. We clamped the axels to a clock motor and rotated them through a solution of G.E. clear Silicone and solvent. Let them run in that bath until the desired thickness was built up. You can do the same thing to seal up a weathered carb boot as a last resort.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Its an option if nothing else. Thanks Steven

Be truthfull, dont start no trouble and there won't be any. :ices_rofl:

Don't come whining around here about how hard parts are to find for it either.

Nope we only accept the lime green Dolmars. Like I said its about the part of the history, not if there any good or not. (I know they are)

Bob, I "think" the Craftsman 3.0 was cheapened up with a unplated bore while the 3000 had a chrome bore.

No really i got the pics i will post them tomorrow. Just simple stuff it needs so i should be ok. Although it doesnt have any spark so im thinking it just needs a new plug, hopefully not a coil. he did say he had it running. I dont really beleive he did since there was a dirt daubers nest in the recoil cover and the flywheel.

Here's the 30" bar I posted about from Baileys. It took 97DLs of chain. So, now the question is, leave it as is, or remove the Carlton logo and paint with these Poulan stencils.

I also finished the fuel line installation. I had to get some larger tygon to go from the carb to the new fitting. It should be GTG ready now, although it hasn't run since being painted at Christmas time.

img_6832-M.jpg

img_6838-M.jpg

1151715595_3QJnM-M.jpg

This is the Craftsman I have been working on. This is what I got done tonight. If anybody has some advice please chime in, this is my first time trying to do this and I am not even sure if it is alright to do.

wow is that a aluminum piston with one ring and a chrome cylinder? That ain't no 3300....what kind of frankensaw are you building:msp_ohmy:
You got me swinging, might turn out kind of cool or tragic. I am wondering if it is off of a PP330 by chance. Chainsawr.com had it listed as a Poulan 3300.

the compression looks low, spend the $5 and get a new ring...the 2 rings for my 3300 were about $8 delivered! The top edge of your ring looks rounded off and is well worn. that thing has a lot of life left in it...

I think I will once I find out what this p+c is. The compression was at 140psi on the nose.

Latest posts

Back