Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the wheels spin one direction only?
Might want to consider mask. Breathing in any of that metalic dust could be quite bad and if you need an MRI it could be quite bad.

Never looked if they were or not.

Been through a MRI already, after years of being a welder, so am probably OK.

No, that's the one - no AVX foolishness. But it's distinctly labeled "4218A" and not "AV" which has me wondering. Oh, and it has a "color matched" bar! Really - it's printed right on the bar. Case, bar oil and PP synthetic oil included.

Can you tell me what the differences are between the "A", "AV", & "AVX"? I noted those designations in ads for different models and there just was not enough info to determine the nuances.

Shes not perfect and neither is her owner. :msp_tongue: Just a idea I had from a box of parts I had on hand from 2 505's.

Green Jeans 505

GREEN505003_zps54241845.jpg

GREEN505001_zps1d0c5b8c.jpg

GREEN505008_zpsbc399100.jpg

GREEN505010_zps979bc0ed.jpg

GREEN505011_zpsba8158bb.jpg

GREEN505004_zps0d005038.jpg

Send me that damn recoil cover and let me "presidential solution" up some sort of fix for it before you lose a finger!!!

Mike

Thanks for the offer Mike. Been working on ideas in my we little brain too, Rednecking ideas :msp_wink:. I was thinking plastic pieces like models come with to hold the parts in. Then epoxy them in. :redface:

I also have another cover in better shape offered to me. Which I will get in time too.

Thanks for the offer Mike. Been working on ideas in my we little brain too, Rednecking ideas :msp_wink:. I was thinking plastic pieces like models come with to hold the parts in. Then epoxy them in. :redface:

I also have another cover in better shape offered to me. Which I will get in time too.

what about those little windows you get in lego house sets. double hung would look good:clap:

I'm pretty sure those covers are made of ABS which is a styrene product. The glue you want to use is model airplane cement if you can find any. Otherwise use ABS pipe cement. Epoxy won't bond properly with it.

Whewww, I'm done with the hats!!

Hope you all liked em, been waiting on some modeling pictures. :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for your efforts Mark, they look great. I wore it to the stihl dealer to get a chain. They had a good time with it!
Man that sock hat is warm:angry2:.

I am cursed. I keep tripping over these saws. This one followed me home today. These are probably my least favorite models, the weight of a 3.7 with the power of 3.4...but still, they ain't bad. This is probably the strongest 3.4 I have. One of mine is only blowing 125 but it doesn't seem to know that it is not enough. What is a good average compression for one of these.?:confused::confused:

question number 2

on the underside of the air cleaner cover is a clocklike symbol with 80 in the center. Is this the year it was produced.?? It started on the third pull...not bad for a 33 yrear old P.O.S.

288447d1365128670-3400-3-jpg

288448d1365128728-3400-2-jpg

288449d1365128771-3400-1-jpg

That symbol is a date code but it will only indicate when that particular part was molded. Some other mag parts will have them as well. If Poulan was good at inventoru control the date would be pretty good. See how it matches up with the date in your cluTch cover. The compression on my 3400's are 130 and 135

Hope you all liked em, been waiting on some modeling pictures. :hmm3grin2orange:

Mark, I will have a modeling picture for all of you with the hats next week that you will thoroughly enjoy, have a great weekend!!

Thank you for the hats Mark.

I still haven't gotten home to mine yet. Still in Reno getting ready to head for Lejeune. I'll get that sucker on soon though. Thanks for your trouble.

Back