Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it might be one of those self sharpening outfits. When I get one I usually throw all that stuff away.

It is the self sharpening chain. Usually it's gone as well as the sharpener. This one has both, I'm going to keep it original...It's gonna be a shelf queen:msp_wub:

That's just my AS name. It's really Joe but that name has been taken. Palmer isn't my last name either..kinda like Warped5 isn't your real name either. lol
There's a thread on AS about user names and why we chose the names we have, some are quite good..

My real name is Howie Feltersnach...but I go by Jim:jester:

Is the wrap handle different between a 306 and a 245 being the fuel tank cover is taller? Hard to tell from pictures.

TIA

Carl.

Carl, I measured mine and it appears they are different handles. The 245 measures about an inch higher than the 306. I would think the 245 handle would work on the 306 but not very good the other way around.

Is the wrap handle different between a 306 and a 245 being the fuel tank cover is taller? Hard to tell from pictures.

TIA

Carl.

Carl, I measured mine and it appears they are different handles. The 245 measures about an inch higher than the 306. I would think the 245 handle would work on the 306 but not very good the other way around.

Yep. Joe beat me to it. The 245 handles are indeed taller to clear the taller fuel tank cover.

Carl, did you hit the BIN on this one?

Used Poulan Daton 21 inch Roller Bar Chainsaw 4 5 Cubic in Eng | eBay

I would've immediately jumped on it to have spare, but a 4400 recently depleted my current (and future) chainsaw fund.

I missed that one somehow. Probably a good thing...:D

Poulan Pro bar 952044355

Does anyone know what a 952044355 Poulan Pro may fit? I have not seen it and know nothing of the mount, but am guessing 455 or 655. Are these the same as the 5200/5400/8500 series? It is supposedly 32" or 36", what does one of these run price wise?

Does anyone know what a 952044355 Poulan Pro may fit? I have not seen it and know nothing of the mount, but am guessing 455 or 655. Are these the same as the 5200/5400/8500 series? It is supposedly 32" or 36", what does one of these run price wise?

I was able to find this info on line. 530044109 is listed as a 5200 bar. I can't tell you whether or not the slot is for 5/16" or 3/8 bar studs.
I would guess that Mark would know if all the 5200's came with spacers in the bar slot.

Poulan / Weed Eater 952044355 (replaces 530044109)
Guide Bar 32" SNR .404 - .063

Oregon calls for the D176 mount for the 5200 now (5/16 studs) and D007 for the 655 (3/8 studs)

Last edited:
That sounds reasonable and yours is a chainbrake. Mine is not. And since chainbrakes become more common it would seem the old style muffler would be the one that is only available. Unless they are running out of parts and not making any more.
I've been doing a bit of part checking and as of now I may have to go with what you received, ordering the entire muffler.
Have you noticed any changes with the new style?
It appears the exhaust hole on the new style is about half the size of the earlier muffler.
Almost forgot to ask. It looks like you changed the muffler bolts as well. 380 & 3500 list different bolts on IPL. It would seem they just decided to move from hex head bolts to torx. That might be handy for assembly line but after the heads get rusty like that old muffler it might be hard to get them out.

Did I mention that I eliminated my loosening, from running, of those bolts with Loctite? I won't use quite as much when I put it back together this time.

I bought a few parts toward putting saws together, among them muffler for 3500. I hate engineers that don't know what they are doing. That darned replacement muffler does not fit! I was putting top cover back on and found that side exhaust port holds the plastic cover away not to mention the heat it would have to take. Or did they ship me the wrong muffler? It came with a second baffle and screen that is about an inch longer and have no idea what it would go in. And it is Friday night so there is a wait before I can talk to someone on the shipping end. Anyone know about this? TIA

I was able to find this info on line. 530044109 is listed as a 5200 bar. I can't tell you whether or not the slot is for 5/16" or 3/8 bar studs.
I would guess that Mark would know if all the 5200's came with spacers in the bar slot.

Poulan / Weed Eater 952044355 (replaces 530044109)
Guide Bar 32" SNR .404 - .063

Oregon calls for the D176 mount for the 5200 now (5/16 studs) and D007 for the 655 (3/8 studs)

i think it would work just fine as long as your saw has the 404 sprocket and you use a S clip if 5/16 studs, it calls for 94 DL and usually runs around $50.00.

Hi everyone. Busy season here and haven't been around for a while. Will take me hours to read all the back posts. This is for sale on Oz eBay at the moment. Reckon it would give Mikes ported 4000 a fright.:msp_biggrin:

Hi everyone. Busy season here and haven't been around for a while. Will take me hours to read all the back posts. This is for sale on Oz eBay at the moment. Reckon it would give Mikes ported 4000 a fright.:msp_biggrin:

Awwwww!!

Ain't that cute?:laugh:

Not sure how the 4000 would react but I'll bet it would give a guys EARS a bit of a fright!

If that wasn't half a world away, I'd be digging in my penny jar!

Mike

Awwwww!!
Ain't that cute?:laugh:
Not sure how the 4000 would react but I'll bet it would give a guys EARS a bit of a fright!
If that wasn't half a world away, I'd be digging in my penny jar!
Mike

Be careful what you wish for Mike. I still owe you big time.:laugh:

Carl, did you hit the BIN on this one?

Used Poulan Daton 21 inch Roller Bar Chainsaw 4 5 Cubic in Eng | eBay

I would've immediately jumped on it to have spare, but a 4400 recently depleted my current (and future) chainsaw fund.

Even a blind squirel finds the odd nut................................................................................:D

Yep. Joe beat me to it. The 245 handles are indeed taller to clear the taller fuel tank cover.

I missed that one somehow. Probably a good thing...:D

Found it in the early morning. Hadn't been listed very long. Geezers get up to take a leak at 4 a.m..:msp_sneaky:

I was using the saw one day when my shirt-tail got sucked into the flywheel. After I peeled the saw off my hip and cleaned my jeans.

Can you imagine getting your shirt tail caught in a saw flywheel at W.O.T.? :msp_scared: Yikes!

Last edited:
New addition.

Not the whole saw, but I just got the brake... I have to cosmoline this thing or something now. (Thanks Keith)

Last edited:
I found a couple green saws today along with a red 3700.

Photo0800_zpsbbbdd9c0.jpg

congrats, very nice. Where did you find it, it looks new.:msp_confused:

It is new. Psuiewalsh and I made up a trade and I got it for a creamsickle and a non brake cover. I even got the box and instructions!

I always hope the other guy thinks trades are good for them, because I feel like I got the better deal!

It Lives!!!

I couldn't wait any longer. Had to see if would run. :laugh: It does. Oils well too. Right at first I thought I had a disaster on my hands. I put oil & fuel in it, picked it up and had a fuel leak...Ahhh!
I had put new fuel & oil caps on it, and forgot to put a O-ring on the new fuel cap. :( Fixed it, and then she fired off and run pretty good. Havn't put it in wood yet, but at least I know it runs. So I'm happy.

It popped on the 4th pull, and couple more she sprang to life.

The other pic. Some old ugly bastard wearing a pretty snazzy cap. I want Mark to know I had it on while running the 5200...it must have brought me luck. LOL Its hard to take a pic of yourself, my arms ain't long enough.

[video=youtube;a-nymQbQzEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a-nymQbQzEo[/video]

5200paint064_zps1ecee592.jpg

Gregg,

I couldn't wait any longer. Had to see if would run. :laugh: It does. Oils well too. Right at first I thought I had a disaster on my hands. I put oil & fuel in it, picked it up and had a fuel leak...Ahhh!
I had put new fuel & oil caps on it, and forgot to put a O-ring on the new fuel cap. :( Fixed it, and then she fired off and run pretty good. Havn't put it in wood yet, but at least I know it runs. So I'm happy.

It popped on the 4th pull, and couple more she sprang to life.

The other pic. Some old ugly bastard wearing a pretty snazzy cap. I want Mark to know I had it on while running the 5200...it must have brought me luck. LOL Its hard to take a pic of yourself, my arms ain't long enough.

[video=youtube;a-nymQbQzEo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a-nymQbQzEo[/video]

5200paint064_zps1ecee592.jpg

Gregg,

I gotta know. How many did you snap before you got that one?

Latest posts

Back