Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,

I just picked up a Poulan Super 250A. It's missing the clutch cover, fuel cap, muffler, and air filter. Seems to be in decent shape otherwise. Cylinder looks good and it's got decent compression. Fires from a prime, but isn't pulling fuel. I haven't checked ebay yet, but where would I find a fuel cap and muffler? These are the two parts I can't seem to locate.

Thanks!

Edit: Chainsawr has a fuel cap, but I'm not sure it's the right one. No mufflers either.

Last edited:
What model is the one with the full wrap?
that would be a 5400
and a huge old Homelite.....I think you have earned this...you suck...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
The homey is a xp1020 and is missing some bits
you should send that POS green saw with the full wrap and missing clutch cover and starter handle to me for proper disposal....:laugh:
you don't want your Homelite buddies to see you with that....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

It has a broken rod so it will be used as parts to get one of my other 85cc Poulans up and running. the rod is broken just at the threads, put a shot of gas in it and it fired right up, damn shame.

Howdy
S.
I just picked up a Poulan Super 250A. It's missing the clutch cover, fuel cap, muffler, and air filter. Seems to be in decent shape otherwise. Cylinder looks good and it's got decent compression. Fires from a prime, but isn't pulling fuel. I haven't checked ebay yet, but where would I find a fuel cap and muffler? These are the two parts I can't seem to locate.

Thanks!

Edit: Chainsawr has a fuel cap, but I'm not sure it's the right one. No mufflers either.

Ita a Poulan S25da, not 250a. Real strong saws. Most of us find parts saws and use them for replacement parts. Where in Texas do you live?

Yeah, I've been searching using S25DA and not 250A. I haven't had much luck with finding junked saws at the scrapyards. The one that I know has at least a few saws laying around is apparently closed, or they're on vacation or something. The other closes before I get off work. :msp_thumbdn: This is the first metal Poulan I remember coming across, and the price was right, so I bought it. From what I understand, some of the craftsman saws are actually rebadged poulans...I just don't know which ones are the same.

I'm north of dallas about an hour, close to Lake Texoma.

Even a blind squirel finds the odd nut................................................................................:D

Found it in the early morning. Hadn't been listed very long. Geezers get up to take a leak at 4 a.m..:msp_sneaky:

Can you imagine getting your shirt tail caught in a saw flywheel at W.O.T.? :msp_scared: I Yikes!
I can, not saw but farm hay and corn chopper with sharpening stone. Nine 24" long whirling knives. I leaned across to store the sharpened and felt a tug. The whole side of my shirt from the arm pit down was missing. Almost 50 years ago and it still rattles me when I think of it.

I can, not saw but farm hay and corn chopper with sharpening stone. Nine 24" long whirling knives. I leaned across to store the sharpened and felt a tug. The whole side of my shirt from the arm pit down was missing. Almost 50 years ago and it still rattles me when I think of it.

Rattled me just reading it.

Yeah, I've been searching using S25DA and not 250A. I haven't had much luck with finding junked saws at the scrapyards. The one that I know has at least a few saws laying around is apparently closed, or they're on vacation or something. The other closes before I get off work. :msp_thumbdn: This is the first metal Poulan I remember coming across, and the price was right, so I bought it. From what I understand, some of the craftsman saws are actually rebadged poulans...I just don't know which ones are the same.

I'm north of dallas about an hour, close to Lake Texoma.

Poulan 25s are the most undervalued saws there are. Much better than other brands but priced dirt cheap. Ebay usually has them for much less than their real value. Why buy a parts saw when you can buy a runner cheap and use yours for parts?
I did a small search on ebay and only came up with one 25 parts saw. Wait a few days and they'll have more I'm sure.
I don't try to sell Poulan 25s on ebay much because of the price, they're better to cut wood with than to sell.

Last edited:
Poulan 25s are the most undervalued saws there are. Much better than other brands but priced dirt cheap. Ebay usually has them for much less than their real value. Why buy a parts saw when you can buy a runner cheap and use yours for parts?
I did a small search on ebay and only came up with one 25 parts saw. Wait a few days and they'll have more I'm sure.
I don't try to sell Poulan 25s on ebay much because of the price, they're better to cut wood with than to sell.

This one doesn't really need much to be ready to cut wood, and I'd rather buy what it needs than part out an otherwise good saw. The other thing is that with what shipping costs, the saw that's on ebay would be four times as much as I paid for this one if it sells at the current bid....and it's also missing the clutch cover. If I find one at a scrapyard/yard sale/etc. for the right price I'll buy it.

This one doesn't really need much to be ready to cut wood, and I'd rather buy what it needs than part out an otherwise good saw. The other thing is that with what shipping costs, the saw that's on ebay would be four times as much as I paid for this one if it sells at the current bid....and it's also missing the clutch cover. If I find one at a scrapyard/yard sale/etc. for the right price I'll buy it.

You might try a small engine shop that's been around for a while..they sometimes have old Poulan stuff. Ebay is okay for buying parts but, like you said, the shipping is the killer on saws..not ebay's fault, go to usps.com and you'll see why. There are some people on this thread that can also fix you up with what you need.

Ok, looks like at this point the K-100 is more of a parts saw then a project saw. Took it apart some today and found a broken piston and a scored cyl on the intake side. I'll be keeing me eyes out for another.

Seen one on ebay today but its being sold by a crackhead evidently. It's missing the complete recoil assy, no assurance it has compression or a good P/C and it dont run. Wants $300 for it plus shipping. :ices_rofl:

I offerd him $50 for it and was rejected. :laugh:

You might try a small engine shop that's been around for a while..they sometimes have old Poulan stuff. Ebay is okay for buying parts but, like you said, the shipping is the killer on saws..not ebay's fault, go to usps.com and you'll see why. There are some people on this thread that can also fix you up with what you need.

There aren't any small engine repair shops left here that I know of, at least none of a general nature. The Echo and Husky dealer don't have anything laying around except some Wild Things. :laugh: Oddly enough, I found a few parts are still available directly from poulan. Shipping is killer on lots of things. My wife works for one of Fedex's corporate offices.

Just as I was about to reply I noticed that I had a PM inquiring as to the part numbers I need. :msp_smile: Guess I better pull up the IPL.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea to which model this is?

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back