Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree Mark. Problem is I don't have the tool to pull the oil pump worm gear. Have one ordered and hope it arrives. In the meantime, I'll tear it back down and grease the clutch side seal and vac test it.
Bob
Good enough reason!

If yours don't come through I can send you mine, as long as you send it back. :rock:

Around 1-1/2 inches. It's stopped raining for the moment and I'm hoping that's it.
I just cut a pile of small branches off the birch to try and save it. Most of the weight is off that now.
We are fortunate in that we live in a neighbourhood where the power lines are buried. I think anything > 13,800 V is above ground but high up so the trees rarely cause issues there. There are lots of older areas where they aren't so lucky.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good enough reason!

If yours don't come through I can send you mine, as long as you send it back. :rock:

If those tools are NLA, I might be able to make a few after hours at work. I need either a good drawing of the tool, or a tool to create a drawing from.

I just went for a walk for about 45 minutes. I saw maybe 4 or 5 hardwood trees that weren't broken. Just about every hardwood tree on every street I saw is broken or destroyed. The evergreens seem to have faired pretty well. My neighbor works at Toronto Hydro (power) and he's saying three days to a week before all power is restored in Toronto.
Lot's of power out around me. Ours is still on.
I guess we all get something like this at some point. I hate to see all those trees messed up.

Nope. Going to get colder. Nothing above freezing. I had to wait 30 years for the trees to get to that stage. I don't have another 30 for more.
There are a lot of widow makers in the trees. I guess the arborist crews will be using a lot of bucket trucks.

looks just like what we went through bout 4 - 5 years ago. sitting in your house hearing those branches break sounds just like big guns going off. keep your head on a swivel tim and don't become a statistic. we still got some widow makers from our ice storm though most have taken to the ground.

I won't be going under anything that looks dicey. I was just over at my middle daughter's house clearing some low hanging branches blocking their car. Tons of power out all over. I might get a saw out tomorrow and start cleaning up. Now, which one to pick? I was thinking a 3700 or maybe the 285. I did pick up a yellow 70 cc saw but I'm afraid the sound waves might cause more damage LOL.

I won't be going under anything that looks dicey. I was just over at my middle daughter's house clearing some low hanging branches blocking their car. Tons of power out all over. I might get a saw out tomorrow and start cleaning up. Now, which one to pick? I was thinking a 3700 or maybe the 285. I did pick up a yellow 70 cc saw but I'm afraid the sound waves might cause more damage LOL.

From your pictures I think I would choose the 285.

Sorry to hear about your trees, stay safe tomorrow! We had some high winds last night, but no freezing ran or ice.

We had a bad ice storm 10 years ago that put the big hurt on quite a few trees around here, but nothing even remotely close to what you have there.

Yellow +70 cc is fine. Just make sure it says 4 7 5 on the side.

Latest posts

Back