Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see this POS saw is pizzing you off. I'll give you $50
Yeah man...this sumb**ch gonna nickle and dime me to death. Better go ahead and get shed of it now before I come to my senses. :rolleyes: haha

Don't even know why I didn't check there first...probably b/c the poulan thread window was already up and loaded. Thanks for the unnecessary leg...er...fingerwork. :bowdown:

I picked up a few parts today. These were a nice bonus
mutusasa.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well that's a common myth that everyone copied the XL-12 with no proof to back it up.

Personally with the way the dates fall for the different brands introduction, I don't buy it. Homelite might have beat the others out by a short time with it, but it don't add up all the others copied it.

Lots of folks like to also call the XL12 the first modern saw and rave about its light weight. I don't call it a modern saw because it was strictly a manual oiler saw. Poulan and others came with a auto oiler for that type of saw sooner and by the time the XL-12 got a auto oiler and became a Super XLAO it was no longer a lightweight!!

It don't matter anyway McCulloch and Poulan came out with a better overall design just 3 years or so later..
Good info, and although I'm no expert, I agree with you. Whoever actually came up with the XL12 design/concept/whatever... it ran wild. I agree also that Poulan did it better. They do everything better, though, right? :)

Good info, and although I'm no expert, I agree with you. Whoever actually came up with the XL12 design/concept/whatever... it ran wild. I agree also that Poulan did it better. They do everything better, though, right? :)
I completely agree too

Back