Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my flywheel off......it didn't want give up the ghost. But showed him who's boss.

853852a7824ad9bcedd09aeb37c53265.jpg
460553e2b98f5be7c7dabb25108e4278.jpg

I figured if I was gonna do it, make something I could use again if I ever need it. Haven't checked to see what else it will fit. May have to check a 3400 crank. Tried tape and a coke can, couldn't make it work. I'll probably make one to do the micros and 2000's, 25's.

Steve

Picked up a 4620AVHD for 20 bucks recently and am trying to get it running properly. Took the carb apart and cleaned it and replaced the old brittle fuel lines. Need to get the carb tuned but don't know where to start. How far out should I start the screws?

1 or 1 n a half on both should get it running then start on the low side and go eather way till it starts to die and stop at those points you want to be kinda in the middle ish of those to points then set your idle. Then you can play with the high side I normally get the screw driver on it and crank it out half a turn n hold it wot for a sec just till it tops out and keep doing that in a bit and wot in a bit and wot (wide open throttle) keep doin that untle it stops four stroking (missing) once its stoped missing kinda noise like a rev limiter you've gone to far and go back out a bit again. Then go find some wood. when you cut the miss should go away and lift a little it needs to four stroke again if not its too lean if it wont stop four stroking underload your to rich.

Jump on you tube and have a listen once you get the grasp of the noise you will be away laughing. It will take a while before your happy with the tune im never happy allways listening and adjusting a tad hear in there most times I run a saw. Plus youl sort your mates saws too. Plus getting to know your saws sound helps you pick up on an issue before you toast a piston.

Hope this all kinda makes sense a bit was just kinda rambling it off as i was thinking about it.

Also anyone else please put this man right if I've sent him up the garden path with bad info. Im not a poulan man I've only just got 1 but a saw is a saw to me same rules apply.

1 or 1 n a half on both should get it running then start on the low side and go eather way till it starts to die and stop at those points you want to be kinda in the middle ish of those to points then set your idle. Then you can play with the high side I normally get the screw driver on it and crank it out half a turn n hold it wot for a sec just till it tops out and keep doing that in a bit and wot in a bit and wot (wide open throttle) keep doin that untle it stops four stroking (missing) once its stoped missing kinda noise like a rev limiter you've gone to far and go back out a bit again. Then go find some wood. when you cut the miss should go away and lift a little it needs to four stroke again if not its too lean if it wont stop four stroking underload your to rich.

Jump on you tube and have a listen once you get the grasp of the noise you will be away laughing. It will take a while before your happy with the tune im never happy allways listening and adjusting a tad hear in there most times I run a saw. Plus youl sort your mates saws too. Plus getting to know your saws sound helps you pick up on an issue before you toast a piston.

Hope this all kinda makes sense a bit was just kinda rambling it off as i was thinking about it.

Also anyone else please put this man right if I've sent him up the garden path with bad info. Im not a poulan man I've only just got 1 but a saw is a saw to me same rules apply.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow... Wife says I'm not allowed to run the saw while the neighbours are sleeping :laugh:

Latest posts

Back