Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you joined in, I remember you telling me about the kits a few years ago. I don't know what I'm going to do with the kit but it will get some use. I have a demo saw 8510 that has a cylinder that is in bad shape. Good to hear from you.

I've just redone and tested 4 42cc strato poulan saws for folks. I have to admit they are just so gutless of a saw that barely even get trim type work done. Let alone bury their bars.

Nothing like the better 42cc ones before the strato crap.

Only 1 didnt have the fuel lines rotted off and he ran can poulan husky efree mix. Lines still looked new.

Might go pull a PP260 42cc non strato that hasnt been used for years off the shelf to see. Maybe I just have become spoiled with other little saws I run.

See if the 260 etc run like I recall. Know there is one up there on shelves somewhere.

Just a old pic, not even sure if same 260. But seen one up there.

p220260 006.JPG

Well a friend of mine, Tony Eddie Stankard, came up with a fix for the NLA 3700 and 4000 starter pulley, seems to work well.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43TqM5K__eg&feature=share
Steve, Wanted to thank you and your friend Tony for the Husky starter pulley swap. I got one and installed it today. Works perfect. Only hardware close to me didn't have the correct washers. But found some brass bushings the right size. They must be thinner than the washers, I got 3 of them and could have used one more. Got to looking at home to see if I could come up with something. The compression ring on a spark plug worked perfect. LOL Little tough to get off the plug, but it works in a pinch just fine. This was for a 4000 of mine that had a split in the plastic center area of the pulley.
Thanks again,
Gregg,

Picked up this today, didn't know what is was until someone told me it was a 3500. Had no markings on it, I was hoping it might have been a 3300.

View attachment 997233
A 3500 is better than a 3300. I would take that 3500 any day. I have one here.
Think of that 3500 the same as a 365.

A 3500 is better than a 3300. I would take that 3500 any day. I have one here.
Think of that 3500 the same as a 365.
Yep, the 3500 is a 60cc. I thought the saw was origionally a 3000 thats why i was hoping for a 3300. Never even seen a 3500 so didn't know they existed. I think the 3000 I was going to use this as a parts saw might be swapped around and the 3000 might be the parts.

Finally got my craftsman version of a 4000 oiling! Flushed the tank, left some super thin stuff in, pumped the manual like crazy and ........ nothing!!!! Pumped like crazy some more and all the sudden ,pop out came a bunch of junk!!!! Manual and auto has worked fine since. Going to go ahead and run the thin stuff out then switch to bar oil and hope for the best!

I didn't know that there was a craftsman 4000. Do you have pictures or a story about it. If I have missed it, tell me.
Sure glad you got it oiling. The pump is my least favorite thing to work on and I am good at getting them working.

I didn't know that there was a craftsman 4000. Do you have pictures or a story about it. If I have missed it, tell me.
Sure glad you got it oiling. The pump is my least favorite thing to work on and I am good at getting them working.
Well I could certainly be mistaken as I am not expert. Probably would even classify as a rookie on these but i was thinking it was the craftsman version of a poulan 4000. I brought it today to tinker with at lunch so I can run out to snap a pic in a few.

Just realized tonight I had forgot about a smaller version of this series saw that was in the back of my saw shed! That makes a match set small ,medium and large!!
Anyone familiar with the idea behind the odd bar on these? The last several inches on the bottom/ front of the bar turn up quite a bit.
No biggie I just hate not having that bit of knowledge. I'm guessing a safety idea of sorts.

Latest posts

Back