Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in need of a decent copy of an IPL for the Poulan Pro 295. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

And Tim...

View attachment 1002325

Mark

Here's a decent IPL Mark.

Snappy little plastic saw. I carry one on my ATV.

Attachments

• PP295 IPL.pdf
    232.4 KB · Views: 0
I am in need of a decent copy of an IPL for the Poulan Pro 295. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

And Tim...

View attachment 1002325

Mark I'm worthless for ipl's or anything else that might require an ounce of computer knowledge. I do have a 295 I'm playing with at the moment if you need any pics etc. I like it so far.

I had a good start getting the PP295 together when I realized I didn't have the baffle plate that would be needed to hold the turbo scoop in position.

20220712_100720.jpg

I went up in the attic and found this. I had been ridden hard and put away filthy and suffers from low compression.

20220712_074608.jpg

The baffle fit nicely and would secure the scoop.

20220712_074545.jpg

I'm not sure how the PP295 was put together but the starter housing would not fit with the baffle installed due to the extra rib at the top/front.

20220712_100729.jpg

The housing for the 4620 does not have that rib.

20220712_100740.jpg

20220712_100749.jpg

At this point I decided to go ahead and get the 4620 parts cleaned up and ultimately elected to use that chassis rather than the black Craftsman one since it has the better oil tank vent.

20220712_100814.jpg

I did get it all put together but ended up having to switch the coil (I have 3 to choose from with the three saws in process...) then I ran into all kinds of carburetor issues with two carburetors that I've tried so far. It will start and run, but the mixture seems to get richer and richer until I have the H jet fully closed and it is still too rich. I replaced the diaphragms and pressure tested both carburetors but they both behave the same way.

I did install the one piece oil pick up and it certainly does pump a lot of oil.

Mark

How's life on the prairie Roger?

Hi Tim. Things are well. I have made one trip so far to the mountains for my annual wood supply of lodge pole.
The area has been burned out about 3 times now and it is getting harder to find good wood there.
I am still playing with the saws but not as much as I use to. I am playing guitar a lot more and have a gig coming up here next month with a group that has asked me to step in for one of their guys that cannot make the date.
I also finally unpacked all my watch repair tools, bench, and cleaning machine. So, I have been working on some pocket watches again. You might say just keeping busy.

On my last trip to the mountains, I took the 3500 that I converted to the bigger carb and intake. I did break a starter pawl on it, but I have some those in stock here, so an easy fix. The timing is advanced on it and sometimes will kick back, but the saw runs great and puts a smile on my face.
The 3500.

010.JPG

You don't get off that easy. Any new projects or been to any GTG's lately. What have you been up to.

Roger this is the new big GTG in Ohio now days if folks want to travel. Folks from all over united states come to it. Plus some of the stihl timber sports competitors.

The poulan wild thing is one of the build off saws this year. Anything goes on those. I have seen 2 piece heads and tuned pipes on some already.

Also a clone 660 build off for ported work saws.

Then classes set up for other saws. https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/saw-fest-ohio-2022.354593/

Hi Kevin. Those Poulan wild thing builds would be something to see. As for me I have been using my saws more than working on them which is a good thing. Have to keep up with the firewood.

NC guys build.

I'll go grab another NC build with pipe.

pwt2p.jpg

Just scooped up a friggin minty 3800. Guy I bought it from got it from an estate sale. Had never been run so he put a carb kit in it. I’m trying to get this thing tuned and it looks like the guy botched the rebuild, stripped screws for the diaphragm cover, ect…
I’m going to try and adjust the metering lever and such but if that fails I’d like to either replace or upgrade the carb. Eventually I’m going to port it so I’d like to start the build off right. It currently has the Walbro HDB 8b in it. Does anybody know of anything comparable or better that would fit? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back