Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same to you all. I hope 2023 starts better than my December. I was all ready and excited to load up my truck on 12/26 to head to my in-laws and I had a list of things to do to help, including cutting down 3 trees and splitting tons of firewood (Poulan time!). Their house burned to the ground 3am Christmas morning. Thankfully they got out and it’s just stuff, but damn….. seeing the house my wife and siblings grew up in and my MIL raised 4 kids as a single mom, scrimping and saving, and making it a beautiful old farm house as smoldering ruble in the foundation was rough. We salvaged a few 5 gallon buckets of things but mainly, it’s chunks of stuff that we needed to document for insurance. Her wood stove and huge fireplace weren’t the cause, it was an electrical fire under the ground floor bathroom.

Hold your family close, in-laws and outlaws. You never know when things change and you spend your new year in a rental house with donated clothes and furniture. Insurance will make them whole but it’s not going to bring back mementos like old military medals and wedding rings of family long past.

Same to you all. I hope 2023 starts better than my December. I was all ready and excited to load up my truck on 12/26 to head to my in-laws and I had a list of things to do to help, including cutting down 3 trees and splitting tons of firewood (Poulan time!). Their house burned to the ground 3am Christmas morning. Thankfully they got out and it’s just stuff, but damn….. seeing the house my wife and siblings grew up in and my MIL raised 4 kids as a single mom, scrimping and saving, and making it a beautiful old farm house as smoldering ruble in the foundation was rough. We salvaged a few 5 gallon buckets of things but mainly, it’s chunks of stuff that we needed to document for insurance. Her wood stove and huge fireplace weren’t the cause, it was an electrical fire under the ground floor bathroom.

Hold your family close, in-laws and outlaws. You never know when things change and you spend your new year in a rental house with donated clothes and furniture. Insurance will make them whole but it’s not going to bring back mementos like old military medals and wedding rings of family long past.
Oh man I'm really sorry to hear that best wishes to your family that things will look up this year after they get through this. God bless and prayers sent.

Mate that's rough. Awww man

Looking for a Carlton file-o-plate with No.37509 on the plate, No.65986 may be on the package, if ya have one you’d like to sell let me know.

Hello. I have a poulan 3400. I replaced the piston with NOS and caber rings but compression is still down to about 100psi. The cylinder is not perfect but nothing you can feel with a finger nail. I also replaced the crank seals. You guys have any ideas what is causing the low compression?

I've read threads about these being notorious for low compression but 100psi with nos piston and caber rings seems to much. I read that a 3700 top end would not add that much unless I could find new that just naturally has great compression. I didn't try to start it yet Im getting over covid and was whipped after putting the new piston on. I may start shopping for a good used cylinder. I'll check squish in the morning, maybe I can deck the head a little.

Jason you need to run that saw for 2 tanks of fuel and I'll bet your compression will get much better. Most of them only have 130 or so.
As for the 3700 you jump to 61cc and they run. If you get to the point that you want to change you send me a PM and I'll get going with what you need. I have several sets.
Sorry that you are fighting COVID-19, I'm sure that it is bad deal.
Run it and report back.

Hello all I'm looking for a throttle spring for a 2300 av. It's part number 530025686. Mine is broke snd I'd like to get this little guy back together. Thank you all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106-093319_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230106-093319_Gallery.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 0
Hello all I'm looking for a throttle spring for a 2300 av. It's part number 530025686. Mine is broke snd I'd like to get this little guy back together. Thank you all
For us fellas not so well versed in these saws, might you have a pic of the saw? I think I know what you are referring to but I'm not sure. Mostly have macs but have a few poulan I love as well.

Jason you need to run that saw for 2 tanks of fuel and I'll bet your compression will get much better. Most of them only have 130 or so.
As for the 3700 you jump to 61cc and they run. If you get to the point that you want to change you send me a PM and I'll get going with what you need. I have several sets.
Sorry that you are fighting COVID-19, I'm sure that it is bad deal.
Run it and report back.
Im going to try and run it tomorrow. Right now it feels like somebody is sitting on my chest. Work is backing up here at the house and im due back to work Tuesday.

Latest posts

Back