Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a bare bore 3.3 black gold decal one when I got it with locked topend due to circlip years back. I had rebuilt it hopeing a collector would want it due to it was like new at time with all the decals etc. Well they were to slow.

Cant say that no more. Local years back it seems had a stihl 290 stolen while he was cutting and left it while eating lunch. So I rebuilt this saw with a 335 chrome bore and piston thick ring like blue black decal and red 335 used.

Poor girl was wobbling at her legs bad when she came back in. Good thing rear 2 held up so it didnt take out intake boot.

Now my real question. Has anyone found a replacable av for those 2 right sides on this series yet? I still have NOS and used myself. But someday going to be out too.
I have a idea of what I am going to try when the time ever comes. But till then I am hoping somone has already tried a different one and confirm if they work or not. So who has?

c33go.jpgc33goo.jpgc33goooooo.jpgc33gooooo.jpgc33goooo.jpgpavvvv.jpgpavv.jpg

How come all of the little top handle saws I find have scored pistions.lol I cant find a decent one
I probably have a couple with good top ends that could use a carb kit and fuel lines. I’d send you one for shipping if you’re game. Need to thin those out. Good little saws, but I don’t need 8.

I probably have a couple with good top ends that could use a carb kit and fuel lines. I’d send you one for shipping if you’re game. Need to thin those out. Good little saws, but I don’t need 8.
I would definitely be interested. Thank you

My favorite combo for firewood wore me out today!
Nice! I don't have a bow on any of my Poulans, but I have stated in the past, the 4000 is my favorite all around Poulan saw. I also use a 3000 and a 5200, depending on size of wood I'm dealing with, but the 4000 is the first saw in the bed to go to the woods.

IMG_20220810_144537358.jpg

Gregg,

Great pictures, Gary! 4000's rock for what they are. Interesting how your bow bar saw has a spike attached to it. The 4000 BB I have is equipped the same way. Stay warm today, Max.
The 4000’s are my favorite saws to run. I don’t know if the bow saws came originally equipped with a spike or not. I have several with no spike and a couple with a spike. I do know I have converted a couple of bar saws to accommodate the bow and left the spike on them. I don’t think any of my 5200’s have spikes on the bows .It was only about 26 when I went bass fishing this morning, that’s a little cold running 60 across the lake.

Nice! I don't have a bow on any of my Poulans, but I have stated in the past, the 4000 is my favorite all around Poulan saw. I also use a 3000 and a 5200, depending on size of wood I'm dealing with, but the 4000 is the first saw in the bed to go to the woods.

View attachment 1048802

Gregg,

View attachment 1048802

Gregg,
I feel the same way about the 4000’s that’s normally the only ones I take also.

View attachment 1048802

Gregg,
Nice

View attachment 1048802

Gregg,
Nice bar on that saw, I may have to get one for my 4000

I like to tap a drywall screw in the side of the seal and turn it enough to hold when you pull it out.
Then you need to hold the saw so that the seal is up and champher the edge so the seal will slide in when you use a deep socket of the proper size and a hammer that isn't very big. .
There's not much metal there to screw into, do they come out pretty easy? I did a forum search and there's a lot of info on putting them in but not removing them.

I like the sharpness of the drywall screw for getting a hole in it but you can use a different screw to pull it out. They are easy to pull. The drywall screw is the best way to get a hole, no drilling chips. Any kind of screw for pulling is ok. Might have to use 2 screws
Right after you pull it vacuum it to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back