Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the sharpness of the drywall screw for getting a hole in it but you can use a different screw to pull it out. They are easy to pull. The drywall screw is the best way to get a hole, no drilling chips. Any kind of screw for pulling is ok. Might have to use 2 screws
Right after you pull it vacuum it to be on the safe side.
Thanks Todd, I'll give it a shot.

to remove seal on I use an old screwdriver with a hook ground in the end. Tap one side of the seal down a little bit (that raises the other side an equivalent amount. Slide the “screwdriver” between the crank and the seal then twist it 90-degrees and lever it out.
Installing the seal I use a washer that’s bigger outer diameter than the hole in the case. Gotta make sure the washer hole will fit over the crank. Barely tap the seal into the case just enough so it stays. Put washer over the seal and using a deep socket, that also fits over the crank, drive it in place with a small hammer. The washer keeps the seal from getting cattywampus, ie-crooked, in the case or too deep

Looks just like what I made. Well, sorta. I used old screwdriver cause newer, cheaper ones tend to bend easily.
The notch is to hook on to the seal
Did you see that one guy out west that had a shop used to use one too. He grinded notches on the back side to use a modified washer over seal to pry up with if needed.

I have yet to feel I needed any more leverage pulling seals out with mine to date. I just pull straight up too.

c34ss.jpg

Did you see that one guy out west that had a shop used to use one too. He grinded notches on the back side to use a modified washer over seal to pry up with if needed.

I have yet to feel I needed any more leverage pulling seals out with mine to date. I just pull straight up too.

View attachment 1050413
Could slide a socket over that screw driver and make it a slide hammer of sorts.

What did it cost back then, can't read the invoice for the parts.
$269, don’t really have a back story. A good friend of mine found it in an auction site up in Canada, he knows I have an illness involving new in box saws. Found a new in box Homie “Big Red” lately also that I posted in the Homelite Sticky.

Edit*** I apologize, I scanned the invoice quickly and mis-spoke, the $269 was for the bow, $155 for the carbide chain, and $62 for shipping. I was looking at picture again and remembered the CC receipt and started thinking, no way that charge card receipt looks like that from 1984. I fetched the paperwork back out of the box, and that was just for the bow and chain plus shipping and was from 2021. I thought they had been long banned before then. Maybe can still sell to Canada? It’s listed as a Stihl bow on the invoice.

$269, don’t really have a back story. A good friend of mine found it in an auction site up in Canada, he knows I have an illness involving new in box saws. Found a new in box Homie “Big Red” lately also that I posted in the Homelite Sticky.

What a score indeed. Thank you. You inspired me20230122_111500.jpg20230122_111539.jpg
Hasn't ran in two years. Needed fuel lines and I been lazy. Runs like a top.

Question for you... has your muffler got the side muffler slot?

Mine never did and was told none of the Canadians did. Of course it has two slots now 20230122_112327.jpg
Better clean this old girl up n get her ready for wood

Latest posts

Back