Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in need of crankshaft seals for two Poulan 5400 saws...ordered them from Red Dog Supply but they came back and said they were on backorder and cancelled my order.

Does anyone know where I might find at least 4 pieces at a reasonable price. From Aarons old list I gather the PN is 530019075.

Mark
Your runner 5400 and the chopsaw?

Mark what's the power like compared to say an 850 Mac? I realise it's read valve so is different but just curious
I have a 5200 i rescued from the scrapyard. First of all the antivide is non- existent, but its not a viby saw in my opinion. I run a 24" with .404 on it and it doesn't skip a beat. I think it would easily pull a 30" with 3/8ths .
It doesn't seem to wind out like a piston port McCulloch but has tremendous torque. I think my 82cc Homelite is faster also ,which is a reed too. The 5200 is feed into the crankcase through the case mounted carburetor which I think gives it a really long intake tract ,contributing to it's torque.

I have a 5200 i rescued from the scrapyard. First of all the antivide is non- existent, but its not a viby saw in my opinion. I run a 24" with .404 on it and it doesn't skip a beat. I think it would easily pull a 30" with 3/8ths .
It doesn't seem to wind out like a piston port McCulloch but has tremendous torque. I think my 82cc Homelite is faster also ,which is a reed too. The 5200 is feed into the crankcase through the case mounted carburetor which I think gives it a really long intake tract ,contributing to it's torque.

Sounds like a good long bar saw. Thanks for that description Ira :)

I will freely admit that the 5400 is the stronger saw when compared with a McCulloch PM850. The 850 would be a bit faster in smaller logs, but once you get the 36" bar on the 5400 buried there is no way the 850 could keep up. The 850 is a more compact unit and weighs less so I expect mine will continue to get more use than the 5400, just not that many occasions when I need to run a 36" bar.

Mark

I am in need of crankshaft seals for two Poulan 5400 saws...ordered them from Red Dog Supply but they came back and said they were on backorder and cancelled my order.

Does anyone know where I might find at least 4 pieces at a reasonable price. From Aarons old list I gather the PN is 530019075.

Mark
Jacks Small Engines have them in stock for $7.96 each. Oil pump seal in stock , 530019076, is $ 4.39. All three seals with shipping is around $28.72.

All these big cc Poulans you guys are posting are awesome and just show that they are rarely found for sale in my area so all I can do is post another itty bitty S25CVA I recently came across. Its in really great condition with just a fuel line and duck bill valve as the issues that were keeping it from running. S25CVA 2.jpegS25CVA 3.jpegS25CVA 4.jpegS25CVA.jpeg

All these big cc Poulans you guys are posting are awesome and just show that they are rarely found for sale in my area so all I can do is post another itty bitty S25CVA I recently came across. Its in really great condition with just a fuel line and duck bill valve as the issues that were keeping it from running. View attachment 1078398View attachment 1078399View attachment 1078400View attachment 1078401

You find a nice red version in cva let me know or post here. The guy that got my nice 3.7 thin wants a red 25cva to go with it and 5.2.

One I had that gave to a friend already.

s25cvar.jpg

I have a bunch of clutches used to spare.

But I only take Paypal friends family way or USPS money order or even cash if local pick up. Shipping on buyers dime too. Many can vouch for me.

Just pics of some of the past sold clutches etc.

Going to send you a link. Easier then me messing with one for same cost.

View attachment 1076568
That is good to know :) sorry i have been busy with work and didn't respond sooner.

Latest posts

Back