Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always weird when getting out of state calls for parts from folks I don’t know even online.
Thanks for the out of state dealer that referred them to me.
Was out of NOS but still haves used for them.

Partner made poulan giving life to the bought new partner made jonsered. Oiler

Pulled 4 lines and pick ups too. 2 ends no good since part of them came off.
Never seen the screen come off any before.

poilerx.jpgpoilerxx.jpgpoilerxxx.jpgpoilerxxxx.jpg

2800-3750 The earlier metal chain brake clutch covers for this series poulan. Anyone have a idea what band they could use?

Never had one in hand to even try like the plastic ones.

Pics sent to me of one removed.

Attachments

• pcbbandd.jpg
    pcbbandd.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
  • pcbbanddd.jpg
    pcbbanddd.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
I made myself avoid picking up any saws for almost 6 months until I could get a few put back together from waiting on parts and other distractions. But this popped up locally a week ago3400 1_5_24.jpeg3400 2 1_5_24.jpeg3400 3 1_5_24.jpeg for a fair price IMO.
Runs, idles perfect, with no adjustments by me. New fuel lines and a new clean air filter. Did some wind damage clean up for a neighbor with it already.

I had the yellow 5020. The later PR 5020's that came in I noticed they had went to side tensioner cover. Which I liked.

Oh noticed the newer didnt have that crap epa line that failed in them too.
4218 4018 etc came with that crap too.

No red in them.

Attachments

• p502016x.jpg
    p502016x.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 0
  • p5020r.jpg
    p5020r.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pline.JPG
    pline.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 0
Have a S25DA question. Having issues with a conistent idle. Looks like seals were replaced but I did a pressure test anyway. Only leak I can find is around the oil pump. Seems to me that because the oil pump is isolated from the crankcase and operates by impulse pressure, an air leak shouldn't affect the idle issue. Am I missing something? Have four of these saws and am trying to get them running properly.
Bob

I had a spring under the carb needle valve that was the wrong size on one of mine that caused an idle nightmare. I never would have known if I didn't compare it to another running S25DA.

I've noticed this from experience working on Poulan's taking two or 3 donor saws and trying to make one.
I would look at the IPL's of both saws before I tried such, but I've also noticed on Poulan IPL's that you have to pay attention to the type and model numbers.
Even trying to swap parts on two with the same model number is a no go quite often.

I've got a troublesome PR5020 that's practically brand new.I had to replace the electronic ignition module due to the original module going bad & not producing spark.It finally "warmed" up a bit so I was able to get outside to try & start it.I got it fired up,but it was smoking like a chimney,so I decided to check the needles on it.They were waaaay off,one was around 3 1/2 turns out,the other was close to 4 turns out.I got the lo needle set pretty good,but that dang hi needle is a real pup to try to get the special screwdriver onto.My poor vision doesn't help matters either.I had to quit on account of the cold.What should the needle settings be on the 5020s?

I've got a troublesome PR5020 that's practically brand new.I had to replace the electronic ignition module due to the original module going bad & not producing spark.It finally "warmed" up a bit so I was able to get outside to try & start it.I got it fired up,but it was smoking like a chimney,so I decided to check the needles on it.They were waaaay off,one was around 3 1/2 turns out,the other was close to 4 turns out.I got the lo needle set pretty good,but that dang hi needle is a real pup to try to get the special screwdriver onto.My poor vision doesn't help matters either.I had to quit on account of the cold.What should the needle settings be on the 5020s?

Ed if you'll scroll back to posts 36,317 and 36,318 they are discussing the carb settings for 5020 .
Found it by searching 'PP5020 carb settings' in this forum .

I set the carb according to your specs - 3 turns out on lo & 2 1/4 turns out on hi,gave it 3 pumps on the primer bulb & it fired right up.It throttles up nicely & idles well too.Thanks for your help Kevin! I must add that I had to replace the ignition module too as it lost spark.Trying to figure out a saw with more than one problem is not an easy undertaking.I'll see about getting a pic of it on here.

Couple guys putting the full wraps on this series of poulans in low and high tops.

2022 the 365 in CRG FB and just now 2024 by a younger guy on his.

Also mentioning FW's I have to date only seen one 4000 with FW. Anyone seen any of these in FW 34-40?

Attachments

• pfw365.jpg
    pfw365.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 0
  • pfw3333.jpg
    pfw3333.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 0
  • pfw4000.jpg
    pfw4000.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 0
  • p4000fw.jpg
    p4000fw.jpg