Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last check overs before buttoning up.
Glad I did. While going through things had some kind of nylon plastic crap all wrapped at oil pump area. Glad noticed that as it will bind pump and take out gear when gets in bind.

Poulan 2175 36cc. 1999 type 2.

Stihl 63PS on it for test cutting later.

Lines and carb kit too.

Loaner saw, root cutter, or sell to local for trimming someday.

Still the wild thing bar and crap chain but set that chain aside.

pwt9999999.jpgpwt999999.jpgpwt99999.jpgpwt9999.jpgpwt99.jpgpwt999.jpg

I gave a bunch of those cases away to a echo guy north of me. He brought me 3 older poulans I traded and sold him 3 older echo's.

I end up with a pile of the dang things here over time.

This one I let go with saw for 10 bucks to keep the early matching set. Sold saw for 10 too if I recall right.

View attachment 1153289View attachment 1153290
I'm in the same boat here I have cases running out my ears just haven't seen one like this.

I'm in the same boat here I have cases running out my ears just haven't seen one like this.
I collect scabbards, oem stickers decals and signs. Just a couple poulan ones in pics for this thread. Whole shop is full. Ran out of big sign spaces with so many.

But everything has a spot for someone in the world.

pcovers2.jpgjbarcoverrr.jpgpsignbb.jpgpioneercover.jpgpsigndealerstickers.JPGpsignnnnnnn.jpgpsignnnnnnnnnnn.JPG

Got a NOS full wrap for it , and getting a ring job , seals , should be a good runner , piston and cylinder clean ,View attachment 1153345View attachment 1153346
Got a question for ya since working on that one. I dont do the pioneer poulan series so have no clue on what swaps around. I sold a BP 655 set earlier.

Would that top from 655 go onto a 405 455 etc or is the wrist pin size etc different?

Attachments

• p655noss.jpg
    p655noss.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
  • p655nosss.jpg
    p655nosss.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Got a question for ya since working on that one. I dont do the pioneer poulan series so have no clue on what swaps around. I sold a BP 655 set earlier.

Would that top from 655 go onto a 405 455 etc or is the wrist pin size etc different?
I think same for 655 and 455 , but not for 405 , I believe.

Hi guys,been a while.I was given a 3816 that I worked on about 5-6 yrs.ago.It runs great,but it doesn't oil.I flushed out the tank & still no oil.How do I access the pump?

Pieced together from a thread. Other day I comparing poulan partner clutch covers for Al. I noticed the lines were harden tygon still and impulse was only thing echo.

I’ll have to look back and see how long it has been since I last done dads old saw. Bought new in 1994 poulan 3300. Fuel lines, tank vent line and impulse lines.
So long ago I wasn’t using echo oem line for fuel and tank vents then. 3x5. 2014
But had on impulse. 3X6

Redid all lines with echo oem black lines in 3x5 and impulse 3x6.

I’ve never seen the plastic green discoloring like that before on recoil. Bob = That was about the time we had to start using cadmium free plastics. It didn’t hold the color well at all. After a couple years they got the technology under control.

Still has my plug I loved back in the day. German made Bosch

Dad was dead on date he said bought in 94.
Saw build date Jan 22 1994

2014 = 10 years ago when I put intake boot and av's, lines and buffer etc in it last time. Now with these echo lines should last forever imo. Wish I could recall if did a carb kit. I know dad cant get efree back then or now.

p3300ddddddd.jpgp3300ddddddddddd.jpgp3300ddddddddddddd.jpgp3300ddddddddd.jpgp3300dddddddddddd.jpgp3300dddddddddddddd.jpgp3300dddddddddd.jpgp3300dd.jpg
p3300dddddd.jpg
p3300ddddddddddddddd.jpg

Not I but it does remind me of a question I've been wanting to ask this group. I have a couple of the 3.3 ( with the toggle on top) and a couple of the 3.7.
I find myself gravitating to the 3.3 as I don't notice much power difference, but the 3.3 seems so much nicer to operate.
Anyone else feel the same or am I the odd man out...... as usual??

Latest posts

Back