Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this would go higher....anyone here own it niow?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/116075324873
Local I passed up 4000 runners for 65 and 80 this year already. No money for them anymore. Worth more parted.

I used to buy them go through them and flip for 150-200. 200 would be like new looking. User like I have now dont bring 150 anymore.

Handle of the light used one that I sold for 2 and then my root cutter one last year that dont sell.

p4000nnn.jpgp4000han.jpg

"Local I passed up 4000 runners for 65 and 80 this year already. No money for them anymore. Worth more parted."

Wow...., I just dont see any around here period! Very rare to see a bigger CC saw or full wraps.

See plenty of Sears craftsmans.....Which tracks as we used to have I'd guess at 8 Sears stores within a 25 mile radius I think. Shame they're all gone as the stuff they had fit my budget, miss em.

Speaking of Craftsman's....this was listed locally for far too long for my liking at 50 bucks, was tired of looking at it so I offered 30 and own it. Said it hadn't been run in a while and he couldn't pull it over any more due to injury. Well, it had brand new clear fuel line in it, but the fuel line was hooked to where the impulse line goes to carb and the fuel vent line to where the fuel line goes, impulse line was missing. Luckily I could just barely see the impulse hose clip was still hanging on to the nipple out of the crank case. Put on a new duckblll valve, new echo line and got it running pretty descent. Still need to adjust the carb in better. Did put in the fuel pumper side gasket too.

Sears 358.356330 clean port side.jpegSears 358.356330 clean stbd side.jpegSears 358.356330 clean top.jpeg

1st pic is incorrect fuel line routing, 2nd pic just barely see impulse fitting, 3rd pic impulse line attached, 4th is coming out. Last 2 pics are where I just used some aftermarket air filter material to stuff in the vent line hose to keep out dust. Didn't have a sintered plug thingy.

Sears 358.356330 fuel lines2.jpegSears 358.356330 impulse nip.jpegSears 358.356330 impulse fixed.jpegSears 358.356330 impulse routed.jpeg

Attachments

• Sears 358.356330 tankventline.jpeg
    Sears 358.356330 tankventline.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Sears 358.356330 tankventline2.jpeg
    Sears 358.356330 tankventline2.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
Speaking of Craftsman's....this was listed locally for far too long for my liking at 50 bucks, was tired of looking at it so I offered 30 and own it. Said it hadn't been run in a while and he couldn't pull it over any more due to injury. Well, it had brand new clear fuel line in it, but the fuel line was hooked to where the impulse line goes to carb and the fuel vent line to where the fuel line goes, impulse line was missing. Luckily I could just barely see the impulse hose clip was still hanging on to the nipple out of the crank case. Put on a new duckblll valve, new echo line and got it running pretty descent. Still need to adjust the carb in better. Did put in the fuel pumper side gasket too.

View attachment 1157146View attachment 1157147View attachment 1157148
See that all the time here. Impulse ran to tank. Even fuel filter on tank vent etc. I put the line up there on one so you cant miss where it was going.

Sometimes it amazes me what folks do and wonder why they dont run.

c33line.pngc33lineeee.jpgc34smh.jpg

Fuel filter out of tank....that's next level thinking right there.
The other day on this 3.3, I had just put the echo line on the impulse and vent and all I had was 5MM. Shortly after that I read one of yr post that you used 6mm on the impulse side (dang it!)...I had 6mm incoming in the mail. I used the 6mm on the fuel supply side.

Fuel filter out of tank....that's next level thinking right there.
The other day on this 3.3, I had just put the echo line on the impulse and vent and all I had was 5MM. Shortly after that I read one of yr post that you used 6mm on the impulse side (dang it!)...I had 6mm incoming in the mail. I used the 6mm on the fuel supply side.
5mm is ok IMO too. Just 6 is thicker walled for impulse. Since same ID.

Attachments

• eline.jpg
    eline.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
It takes a certain kind of guy to get excited over a load of modern Poulan saws, trust me, I know the type...

Those should keep you occupied for a while Bob.

Mark
Thanks Mark. Kind of a project I've wanted to try for a while. I myself am not particularly excited about any of these, but I plan to keep them separate and keep track of what kind of roi I have after selling parts, holes etc.

Anyone familiar with this saw? I don't recall seeing one quite like it. Kind of hoping it is of
Thanks Mark. Kind of a project I've wanted to try for a while. I myself am not particularly excited about any of these, but I plan to keep them separate and keep track of what kind of roi I have after selling parts, holes etc.
Screenshot_20240306-092523.png

Shreveport vintage! Those have proven to be decent saws for me.

Latest posts

Back