Not sure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonnie

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been reading some the stuff on here and im not sure im in the same class as u guys are.......I do not have a co. of my own i work out of my pick up truck have been doing so for years,I do beat other peoples prices.. but i have had mine beat....I been logging for over 13 years been with same co for 7 now...Im the wood boss on the job.....I do good work and safty is always first with both the logging job and in the tree removel...and the tree is on the list when im just trimming one i do not hack away like they are no tomorrow and i tell the people im working to wot i think is best for the tree.... every tree is diff and if u trim one the same way as the last one u did doesn't mean they both will make it.... I have been running a saw ever since i could start one and for topping trees i been doing dat since my dad made me when i was 10 with a bow saw hehehehe so im not sure ...im in the same class as u guys cuz i see alot bout peeps working out of thier trucks...I do not run ads for my work it is all done by doing good work and people talking bout it... they call me ........ I always carry my gear with me in my truck hehehe never know when i need it....When im triiming a tree i try to look ahead bout a year or so to see wot it is going to looks like then and not now when i cut it.... the most reason im not sure bout wot i do is cuz i work out of my truck hehehe i hope i fit in here well,,,I know i have lot to learn as do us all... every tree is diff as is with ever person.... so just keep it safe.... lonnie

Welcome to the site, Lonnie. We all start somewhere. Do your work in excellence, always strive to do better, learn more and work with safety at the forefront.

Don't worry about 'fitting in'. There's no two of us that do it alike.

No class system here, lonnie, I hope. I've been landscaping for 30 years and never advertised. I am not a big money earner and never will be. Like 'tree', said there, just do the best you can and just enjoy the rest, heck there's a lot more to life than fittin' in. You know if you read some peoples bio's most are in some tech field or something other than tree work. They're on here just cause they got chainsaws.

Who gives a flying fig what people here think if they think you are a hack? Heard it here from some many times, all sorts of slags about guys in beat up pickups, doing cash jobs for beer, crack. From those who are mighty ISA arborists, those who are the "chosen ones". It is pathetic, make your customers happy, make money and go home in one piece, not bleeding and its all good. Stand tall, best of luck to you. And yeah, I drive old GM 4x4s, I like them, I quit drinking and I don't use crack.

ty

Thanks for the reply.... I alsoo do not drink or do crack..

Thanks for posting on the Picture Forum, Lonnie. I'm not a mighty ISA arborist; I'm a feeble ISA arborist who is here to learn from experienced tree workers like my good friend clearance. Sometimes members here get into a bad mood and post nonsense, sometimes moderators do the same. :hmm3grin2orange:

It's best to let all that slide and give folks the benefit; just kick back and soak it in :popcorn: and speak up when you have a mind to. Remember, there is always the Edit button in case you want to take something back. I use it a lot!

"when im just trimming one i do not hack away like they are no tomorrow and i tell the people im working to wot i think is best for the tree."

Me too. We're all still learning what is best for the tree. :angel: If the tree is your focus, the sky is your limit.

Last edited:
Welcome. I like this site because I get to learn from others doing the same work, and the mix of personalities is lots of fun. Be safe, enjoy.

Who gives a flying fig what people here think if they think you are a hack? Heard it here from some many times, all sorts of slags about guys in beat up pickups, doing cash jobs for beer, crack. From those who are mighty ISA arborists, those who are the "chosen ones". It is pathetic, make your customers happy, make money and go home in one piece, not bleeding and its all good. Stand tall, best of luck to you. And yeah, I drive old GM 4x4s, I like them, I quit drinking and I don't use crack.

Yep, all same as what clearance said but Fords for me... and Lonnie a big shout out from Australia!!

Started out the same way but pushed myself into trees, first memory was climbing a huge mulberry in England an gettin berries for my sister an I recall "crawling" up to the tree and the trees owner real worried about me going so high being so young and all and my old man told him not to worry as I was a monkey or such, so yeh, before I could walk!

Figs outa fig trees at 8 in Perth for my sister again (yep we were poor as) and chopped the top off a finger as a 14 year old with a hand saw up a euc in Victorian Old Growth High Country etc etc...

We all have to feed and feed our families...

Peace and safety first Lonnie...

Jarrah :biggrinbounce2:

Yep, all same as what clearance said but Fords for me... and Lonnie a big shout out from Australia!!

Started out the same way but pushed myself into trees, first memory was climbing a huge mulberry in England an gettin berries for my sister an I recall "crawling" up to the tree and the trees owner real worried about me going so high being so young and all and my old man told him not to worry as I was a monkey or such, so yeh, before I could walk!

Figs outa fig trees at 8 in Perth for my sister again (yep we were poor as) and chopped the top off a finger as a 14 year old with a hand saw up a euc in Victorian Old Growth High Country etc etc...

We all have to feed and feed our families...

Peace and safety first Lonnie...

Jarrah :biggrinbounce2:

Lol don't teel but i also drive fords hehehehe ty alot for the wc guys I have been trianed when i worked for power line co... Both for ground man and trimmer.....I quit that job right befor i made foreman cuz me and the gf got in to it hehehe+ a trimmer when i quit only made 7;25 an hour now i hear they are up to 15....I make more then that staying on ground hehehehe better stay logging on the week and trimming on week ends

Latest posts

Back