off topic...tractor recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tractor

I love my Kubota its about 40hp never regreat buying it ever.

Get a ford 3000-4000 diesel with a ford 944 brush hog if you can find one. if i remember right its a 6 foot mower and it is a PERFECT match as far as horsepower goes. Its a pull behind with hydraulic lift.

Get a Farmall 450 or the MD. I'll guaranty you will get them cheap. They were the only tractor sold know to never run. At least More than the first week.
ZG

heres a beauty, but outa your ideal price range. its a 04 JD 990, they are now numbered a 4005. but awsome because they are all steel, all gear drive, etc. like real tractors. not plastic hydrostatic POS that they make now.

S3010002-1.jpg

Halfway between Anderson and New Castle. If those names mean anything to you.

Yep passed through there today down 69, I'm in Indy on 465 and 70 at a Holiday Inn right now, I'm from up around Auburn. I might be able to find you a wide front, there is a guy near me that mentioned he'd sell on to me when I was looking for a 560 with a row crop front, but i wanted a wide.

Tractor

Your budget of 3K to 5K I think will limit not only your choice but the probability of getting a tractor that may require some repairs and the attachments. You might want to check out the state ag bulletins, like Florida, Mississippi, and Georgia. Definitely get diesel, 4x4. Front end loader would be great but your budget probably will not allow. Last year I bought a 1991 Ford 3930 4x4, 45hp, diesel, no FEL with 1100 hours for $8,500 - so far a great tractor for my steep hills and 17 acres. Safety requires you to get ROPS. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yep passed through there today down 69, I'm in Indy on 465 and 70 at a Holiday Inn right now, I'm from up around Auburn. I might be able to find you a wide front, there is a guy near me that mentioned he'd sell on to me when I was looking for a 560 with a row crop front, but i wanted a wide.

If you would get a price from the guy with the WF. Trying to keep this tractor useful and used. Right now she feels a little neglected.

I have a super 55 diesel. They are excellent little tractors. They are a little bigger than the N series fords, but with a lot more options. Mine has a 550 motor with a bigbore kit. Its about 45 Hp. The 550's are about 42 hp. They have an independent PTO, which is awesome. 6 forward, 2 reverse gears. You can find them with a swinging drawbar, and remote hydraulics. I pull a 2 bottom plow in clay in 3rd gear w/o any problems. I skid logs out of the woods, pull a 5ft brushhog, cultivate, etc with mine. The parts are a little more, but they are a well built tractor. Most can be bought around the 3500 range. Plus these diesels will run forever on a tank. But the ford 3000 series are also nice little tractors.

If you would get a price from the guy with the WF. Trying to keep this tractor useful and used. Right now she feels a little neglected.

Try Swindell farm equiptment at Wilkinson In.They did have some Schwartz wide fronts setting in the yard.I'm over between Mt Summit and Mooreland and get over there once in a while.

Latest posts

Back